which hardware radio

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which hardware radio

I looking at getting mediacar installed on my carputer, but am wondering what usb radio it works with. Is it the same as mediaengine (d-link usb fm radio)? That unit is discontinued. Any more options? Thanks. Also is there a site in english?

Originally posted by greddy0
    I looking at getting mediacar installed on my carputer, but am wondering what usb radio it works with. Is it the same as mediaengine (d-link usb fm radio)? That unit is discontinued. Any more options? Thanks. Also is there a site in english?
    Yes the radio module is made for Dlink-DRU radio. This module was opérational since 1 year for me but without any skin possibility, all Gfx's was hard coded.
    Now the radio module is in modification process to be skinnable.
    www.media-car.fr.st
    The first Belgian PC fully integrated in a car :)

Comment

Isn't there a "smart" option so I can use a different radio module ? Dlink-DRU radio is very hard to get !

Perhaps there is an "easy" way to use hauppage usb radio's ???

Comment

radio options

I think that should be something both mediacar and mediaengine should put on top of their list, since d-link discontinued the fm usb radio and both only support that model. Are their anyother option for software that support other radio options?

Comment

The radio from d-link might be discontinued, but there are still a great deal of them around to be found. I bought two from ebay, should be possible for almost everyone. They are around 10 - 15 €.
          I'll contact Oliver at cartft to suggest that they should stock them for people to buy.

Comment

or something with half decent reception, ecspecially when your about 100 miles from your fave radio station
            92 Taurus SHO - Daily driver - Epia M10000 80GB 512mb 7" touchscreen, Opus PSU etc

93 Black SHO - 30mpg cruiser

90 Silver SHO - 419whp fun/project car, CarPC to come (for tuning)

Comment

Working...
            X