Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AZERTY OSK Preview

This module is finished, the next version is approaching

To skinners : Don't worry, your skin will work also without this OSK because when mediacar don't find a part of a skin he uses automatically the default skin for this part.
    www.media-car.fr.st
    The first Belgian PC fully integrated in a car :)

Looking good!!

I'll get to work on a keyboard looking like this for BloodBoil and Spaced Out ASAP

Garry
    Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
    www.aimee.cc

Comment

WOW. I hope there will be a qwerty version aswell. Will the osk take the character written on the keys, or will it use windows keyboard layout? In DK we have 3 characters that are unique, but used in streetnames all the time. I live at Søgårdsvej. (dont even know how that turns up at your screens)
      The "national" matters could really turn complicated now?
      I do hope skinners will publish the source for this one picture to modifying it to different codepages.

Comment

Originally posted by cvi
        WOW. I hope there will be a qwerty version aswell. Will the osk take the character written on the keys, or will it use windows keyboard layout? In DK we have 3 characters that are unique, but used in streetnames all the time. I live at Søgårdsvej. (dont even know how that turns up at your screens)
        The "national" matters could really turn complicated now?
        I do hope skinners will publish the source for this one picture to modifying it to different codepages.
        cvi,

Providing coyote can code it to use special characters, then I can modify the skin for BloodBoil and Spaced Out to use those characters

Garry
        www.aimee.cc

Comment

All the keys are defined in the skin file like a button, there is the ascii code without shift and the ascii code with shift for each key then you can make the keyboard like you want and add new keys if you want
          www.media-car.fr.st

Comment

w00t quick reply!

Sounds good, coyote

I shall therefore start on a keyboard If I could have a sneak preview of the .skin file, i'll be very pleased

Garry
            www.aimee.cc

Comment

[URL=http://]
              Originally posted by Confused
              I shall therefore start on a keyboard If I could have a sneak preview of the .skin file, i'll be very pleased
              Garry
              http://www.users.skynet.be/media-car/FTP/Coyote_OSK.zip

www.media-car.fr.st

Comment

Damn you are a coding and linking machine, Stephane :P

Garry
                www.aimee.cc

Comment

I need to know how to edit this, i am trying to make it 800 X 600 and also change it from awerty to QWERTY... need help i edited the .skin file for the letters but i have no clue how to make it fit 800 X 600. Cause it was from your 848 X 400 .skin file... Any help would be helpful.
                  1997 Mazda 626 ES [Cronos] - 2.5L V6

http://www.cardomain.com/id/hmany2k

Comment

That OSK looks cool and obviously much better than Click 'n' type that I currently use.

Is there anyway to use the OSK for other apps? I currently use either Autoroute2003 or Route66 in conjunction with Click n type but I'd much rather use an OSK that integrated with the look and feel of Mediacar
                    My CarPC install piccies http://www.celica-club.co.uk/cgi-bin...at=561&thumb=1

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

hello, i´m new member, i installed medicar but osk don´t appears. what can i do?

Comment

Can someone help me?

Comment

Coyote - do you know of an 800x600 skin for MediaCar that is already done?

Also - does it do screen dimming for night time? If so is it by gamma correction? My graphics card will not do gamma so I have written a screen dimmer to overlay a transparent form, maybe something similar could be added to Media-Car for those of us lacking in Gamma Correction.

Chris.

Comment

ukchris,

The Generic MediaCar Skin is complete for 800x600 Yes, I believe it does do Gamma. The project is written in VB, so if you have some VB code to send coyote, then I'm sure he can have a look at it and implement it Otherwise, for now you always have the option of running it as an external application

jvillarreal,

To get the OSk to appear, you have to go into GPS, then go to Route and Route Planning, then Add a route. When you click on one of the text boxes (City, Post Code, Street) it should bring up the OSK for you to type.

hman,

If you are running the default skin in 800x600, then it will automatically fit to the screen. If however you wish to re-skin the entire thing, then really the only way is to fire up something like Photoshop and get the x,y co-ordinates, and the width/height from there. To change it to QWERTY, it is a little more difficult, of course

Garry
                              www.aimee.cc

Comment

Working...
                              X