Any News On Radio

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any News On Radio

does eny one now when the radio will be working and what would be the best hardware to use

many thx

i believe it works w/the dlink.. just needs to be skinned...

hell.. i'll skin it for coyote
    Car: 2000 Toyota Celica GT-S
    Mods: Yep
    Carputer: VIA M9000 | Opus 150 | 512MB PC2100 | 60GB Notebook HD | Slim/Slot DVD/CDRW | Audigy2NX | Xenarc 700TSV | (2) DSCustoms DS700HRS (in trunk) | SMC USB 802.11b | CoPilot | DLink FM tuner | Cliffnet

Comment

I am to the point that I may have to make it "financially rewarding" for someone to make it work! I need my FM! hehe.
      2005 Ford Focus ST

Comment

please for gods sake enable the radio, i'm having to use mediaengine now because it suports the d-link radio, but it sucks serious arse and crashes all the time, wont read half my movie's or mp3.

i'll happily pay for it to be done. really.

Comment

Here's what I did while waiting for MediaCar radio support. I got the Radiator program which has a nice little command line utility for all of its functionality. The user interface though is too small to use/see on my 7 inch touchscreen. So I coded a little VB app to display a big graphic of an Alpine radio and placed some invisible buttons on it for selecting stations, changing volume, etc. that activate the Radiator functions. It works and looks good enough until the MC version comes out.
          Here's a (crappy) pic

Comment

Originally posted by wi77iam
            Here's what I did while waiting for MediaCar radio support. I got the Radiator program which has a nice little command line utility for all of its functionality. The user interface though is too small to use/see on my 7 inch touchscreen. So I coded a little VB app to display a big graphic of an Alpine radio and placed some invisible buttons on it for selecting stations, changing volume, etc. that activate the Radiator functions. It works and looks good enough until the MC version comes out.
            Here's a (crappy) pic

Nice looking app! Love the Alpine HU!
            '03 Sierra Denali

Comment

nice.... wanna share the love?
              Carputer: VIA M9000 | Opus 150 | 512MB PC2100 | 60GB Notebook HD | Slim/Slot DVD/CDRW | Audigy2NX | Xenarc 700TSV | (2) DSCustoms DS700HRS (in trunk) | SMC USB 802.11b | CoPilot | DLink FM tuner | Cliffnet

Comment

wi77iam,

If you can tell me a little more about Radiator..i will make a "skin" for radiator which is in the style of MediaCar for my BloodBoil and Spaced Out skins

Garry
                Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
                www.aimee.cc

Comment

Sorry! I thought everyone had already seen it! It takes a little setup, but works very well. Much more usable than the factory software (Dlink actually recommends using this software even) Its a free download: http://flesko.cz/radiator.htm
                  2005 Ford Focus ST

Comment

i was talkin about sharing that frontend

Comment

Mine was in reply to "confused" actually, but I will share with everyone
                      2005 Ford Focus ST

Comment

cool.. let me know if you want me to host it

Comment

Originally posted by 00CericaRuss
                          i was talkin about sharing that frontend
                          I threw this together pretty quick. It's not skinnable now but I could probably work on that. And I didn't include all functions - right now it has only on/off, volume, station select. It would be nice to be able to select different head unit graphics - Crutchfields has a bunch of nice gifs of all the ones they sell. That's where I snagged the Alpine.

The Radiator download includes a command line utility called RC that activates all the functions without having to use his front-end.

I'll see what I can do.

Comment

wi77iam (and all others come to think of it!!),

I have been playing with VB today, and have a (currently non-skinned) app that can control most stuff in Radiator (volume, tuning - including typing in a frequency with a number pad , and am going to fiddle with presets in a bit too) I am going to be doing the "skinning" bit of it, along the same path as MediaCar itself (am gonna adapt a standard .skin file to do it) along with the off/on/down buttons later on either today, or soon. If I can spend some time on it, I reckon it will be a few days until I can release it This will then just work as an external application

Garry
                            Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
                            www.aimee.cc

Comment

Sweet! You Da Man!
                              2005 Ford Focus ST

Comment

Working...
                              X