Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Stretched" 800x600 MediaCar F-CNS skin available

Hello,

For those of you who have Xenarc widescreen monitor or similar and set the resolution at 800x600, you will notice that my skin which is at 848x480 will not fill the whole screen. So I made a "stretched" 800x600 which is actually 800x480 skin resized to 800x600. When you put this skin on your Xenarc monitor, it will resize back to the correct ratio.

I've uploaded a Mitsubishi skin for Garry and also the templates in Photoshop format (psd) at http://www.my105e.com/febsperanza/ I've made new tree structure as follows:
    1. 848x480
    2. Photoshop templates (included here are 848x480 and stretched 800x600)
    3. Stretched 800x600

Please have a look and let me know if I made any mistakes. Hope this helps.

Cheers!

ps.Thanks to Garry (confused) who has done a wonderful job rewriting the coordinates of the .skin files (which I hate doing).

pss. A request please, if I may. For those who have made this for other brands would you be so kind as to share them please? Please let me know what brands you are doing so that I don't have to do them
    Brushed Metal Skin
    http://www.geocities.com/febsperanza]
    MIA at the moment
    [please email me instead of pm]

Originally posted by febsperanza
    Hello,

For those of you who have Xenarc widescreen monitor or similar and set the resolution at 800x600, you will notice that my skin which is at 848x480 will not fill the whole screen. So I made a "stretched" 800x600 which is actually 800x480 skin resized to 800x600. When you put this skin on your Xenarc monitor, it will resize back to the correct ratio.

I've uploaded a Mitsubishi skin for Garry and also the templates in Photoshop format (psd) at http://www.my105e.com/febsperanza/ I've made new tree structure as follows:
    1. 848x480
    3. Stretched 800x600

Cheers!

ps.Thanks to Garry (confused) who has done a wonderful job rewriting the coordinates of the .skin files (which I hate doing).

pss. A request please, if I may. For those who have made this for other brands would you be so kind as to share them please? Please let me know what brands you are doing so that I don't have to do them
    Doesn't MediaCar Setup/Appearance/Showsize do the same thing??
    Laidback

The ultimate CarPC - Wow!

Comment

Originally posted by Laidback
      Doesn't MediaCar Setup/Appearance/Showsize do the same thing??
      In theory, yes, it does. However, VisualBasic's stretching of images is terrible compared to resizing in a proper picture editing software

Garry
      Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
      www.aimee.cc

Comment

Originally posted by Confused
        In theory, yes, it does. However, VisualBasic's stretching of images is terrible compared to resizing in a proper picture editing software

Garry
        looks ok to me! But I'll take your word for it
        Laidback

The ultimate CarPC - Wow!

Comment

yes, contrary to a picture editing software, vb does not use an optimization algorithme to resize a picture
          www.media-car.fr.st
          The first Belgian PC fully integrated in a car :)

Comment

Hello,
            I downloaded the mitshubishi.zip file, but when I try to use the skin I get a Run Time Error '13': Type MisMatch. Did I do something wrong. I'm putting together a GMC Sierra Denali version. I'll upload a shot of what it'll look like.
            Attached Files
            '03 Sierra Denali

Comment

Originally posted by rgardjr
              I downloaded the mitshubishi.zip file, but when I try to use the skin I get a Run Time Error '13': Type MisMatch. Did I do something wrong. I'm putting together a GMC Sierra Denali version. I'll upload a shot of what it'll look like.
              Sorry! I forgot to put in the "general.ini" file in it OK make one with notepad and type this:

[General]
              OriginalWidth =800
              OriginalHeight=600
              ShowWidth =800
              ShowHeight =600
              XPosition =0
              YPosition =0

[Gamma]
              ApplyToVideo =False
              ApplyToVisu =False
              AutoSwitch =False
              DayTime =8:00:00 AM
              NightTime =6:00:00 PM
              GammaDayRed =1
              GammaDayGreen =0
              GammaDayBlue =0
              GammaNightRed =-40
              GammaNightGreen =-40
              GammaNightBlue =-40

Save it as "general.ini" and put it in your Mitsubishi folder. Let me know if you're still having problems.
              Brushed Metal Skin
              MIA at the moment

Comment

feb, great looking skin, love it! One thing though, I can't get the 800 x 600 to display properly. The 848 x 480 works great, but then when I overwrote the files it still displays @ 848 x 480 with the buttons clipped/distorted. What am I doing wrong?
                System:
                Epia M1000 w/512MB PC2100, Xenarc 700TS, ATI 7500 PCI, OPUS 150 PSU, 2.5 40GB 5400 HDD, 802.11g PCI, Slim Slot DVDR,
                Gyration RF Kybrd, OBDII adpt. + sftwr, XP pro, iGuidance/Royaltek GPS NAV, XMPCR, Kenwd KAC-8401 4 chnl amp, 10" pwd sub

Comment

Logo HYNDAI for you skin?

Hello,

1. 848x480
                  3. Stretched 800x600

Cheers!

Ha,the logo of YUNDAI its posible download from .......
                  Help me!
                  Tank you

Comment

Originally posted by UncleGeek
                    feb, great looking skin, love it! One thing though, I can't get the 800 x 600 to display properly. The 848 x 480 works great, but then when I overwrote the files it still displays @ 848 x 480 with the buttons clipped/distorted. What am I doing wrong?
                    May I know your setting? You are using Xenarc with 800x600 resolution right? And it should appear rather stretched horizontally right?

Hang on can you open your general.ini file with your notepad? See if it matches the one which I have posted two posts before this. If not maybe you can just copy it to your general.ini file. See if this solves the prob. If not take 2 aspirins and call me up in the morning
                    Brushed Metal Skin
                    MIA at the moment

Comment

May I know your setting? You are using Xenarc with 800x600 resolution right? And it should appear rather stretched horizontally right?

Hang on can you open your general.ini file with your notepad? See if it matches the one which I have posted two posts before this. If not maybe you can just copy it to your general.ini file. See if this solves the prob. If not take 2 aspirins and call me up in the morning

Yes, I am using a Xenarc @ 800 x 600, checked the general.ini file - only settings that were different was [Gamma] Apply to Video & Visu. Changed them both to =False, took two aspirins and still the same distorted buttons & no difference in size. My head feels better though.
                      System:
                      Epia M1000 w/512MB PC2100, Xenarc 700TS, ATI 7500 PCI, OPUS 150 PSU, 2.5 40GB 5400 HDD, 802.11g PCI, Slim Slot DVDR,
                      Gyration RF Kybrd, OBDII adpt. + sftwr, XP pro, iGuidance/Royaltek GPS NAV, XMPCR, Kenwd KAC-8401 4 chnl amp, 10" pwd sub

Comment

Uncle,
                        Can you post a pic? Nephew wants to see

Mauri,
                        I don't quite understand what you are talking about. Sorry! But if you are looking for a Hyundai logo, you can use Google and search for 'Hyundai logo'. In fact, I have already found a good one. I'll do it over the weekend.
                        Brushed Metal Skin
                        MIA at the moment

Comment

[QUOTE=febsperanza]Uncle,

Well I would if I could but I'm embarrassed to say , I don't know how. I'm guessing you need a web page/host to post ?
                          System:

Comment

[QUOTE=UncleGeek]
                            Uncle,

Well I would if I could but I'm embarrassed to say , I don't know how. I'm guessing you need a web page/host to post ?
                            You can upload a picture to the forums, look down near the bottom, it's the "Attach files" section

Garry
                            Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
                            www.aimee.cc

Comment

Thanks for the help confused; now I'm embarrassed by how easy that was !
                              Attached Files
                              System:

Comment

Working...
                              X