Sound control by Media Car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound control by Media Car

Okay, I have my Epia M10000 with 6-channel sound output running XPpro and Mediacar. I notice when I lower the volume in Mediacar, it only lowers the volume to the front channels, the center and rear channels are unaffected. This happens when I am watching 6ch-encoded Divx movies. Is there a way to have the volume control the wave input so that all channels will be affected?
    Fortunately, my Mp3s don't have a center or rear channel so I can adjust them just fine.

Edit: Coyote, I know you are very busy and I don't expect you to do anything if you don't want to. But here goes anyway, would it be possible to just make parts of your program open source? Specifically, the audio/mixer controls? It seems that every computer's audio is different and it would be awesome if we could configure it to our computers' standards. in my case, and all those who have the Epia M10000 with onboard audio, the ideal configuration would be: wave, front, rear, center, sub, and cd_in. We don't use aux or line_in. Also, the master volume sliders in your program skins would have to control the wave volume seeing as we have no "master" volume control.
    We don't want you to have to deal with everyone's audio request so is this idea possible?
    Thanks!!!!

(everyone donate to coyote!)
    Aopen i855GMEm-LFS with Dothan 1.8ghz
    512mb DDR333
    Windows XPpro SP2

Re

Hello,

i have exactly the same problem and i cant manage this. I hope anyone has an idea.

http://redhotchilly.bei.t-online.de

Thanks Chris

Comment

I have the same problem.
      on my home computer this problem doesn't exist. It has a mastervolume, that the mediacar controlls. But my epia only has front/rear/sub controls. MediaCar controlls the front only.

Comment

I have been experimenting with different winamp plugins and hopefully I can figure something out next week.
        512mb DDR333
        Windows XPpro SP2

Comment

Okay, Winamp is highly configurable but now we need Coyote to tell us how to tell us if the mediacar volume control can be reconfigured....
          512mb DDR333
          Windows XPpro SP2

Comment

Hello,

has anyone asked coyote?

Comment

go ahead
              512mb DDR333
              Windows XPpro SP2

Comment

Hello,

the problem is that i speak english not very well.

Comment

try French

Comment

Originally posted by redhotchilly
                    Hello,

the problem is that i speak english not very well.
                    Do you speak french? Apparently Coyote speaks french well, being from France and all

GingerPrince

Car changed for TVR Griffith 500, so computer de-installed. Using a Dension 100ix w/60Gb HD unit in the interim.

Carputer Install - http://www.stuffandting.com/carputer/
                    CarBox Software -- http://www.stuffandting.com/carbox/

Comment

that is why I told them to try in French if they want Coyote
                      (I am danish but I live in France)

Comment

Originally posted by mst
                        that is why I told them to try in French if they want Coyote
                        (I am danish but I live in France)
                        Wasn't aimed at you. I was typing my reply before your reply was posted.

GingerPrince

Car changed for TVR Griffith 500, so computer de-installed. Using a Dension 100ix w/60Gb HD unit in the interim.

Carputer Install - http://www.stuffandting.com/carputer/
                        CarBox Software -- http://www.stuffandting.com/carbox/

Comment

I edited my first post in hopes that Coyote might see it. Feel free to translate it into French if you want, but I think Coyote understands English well enough.
                          512mb DDR333
                          Windows XPpro SP2

Comment

Originally posted by ddogg_777
                            I edited my first post in hopes that Coyote might see it. Feel free to translate it into French if you want, but I think Coyote understands English well enough.

I think so, too

Comment

bump
                              512mb DDR333
                              Windows XPpro SP2

Comment

Working...
                              X