Destinator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Destinator

I installed destiantor 2 SDK yesterday, loaded all the Europe maps from the PocketPC version.
    I have some questions about this program:

I saw that the program can tell me if I'm over speed limit, can I in some way make it tell me when I'm 25 km/h over speed limit?

software keyboard for touchscreen. I have a lilliput touchscreen. It's a little bit difficult to make routs without keyboard. I saw that the palmpc version has this feature, can I get that in the SDK in some way?

The voice is very buggy, can I correct this? maybe install swedish?

Otherwise I think this software is really cool!! I like the 3D and the voice.
    I had mappoint 2004 before.

I like Mappoint better in 2D, but from now on it's 3D for me.

The "over speed limit" is down purely to Destinator. As far as I know, it's not configurable.

To get the touchscreen, open the C:\PowerLOC\Destinator\Common\Interface\Destinator .inf file and change the line

:,740,580,639

to

:,740,580,640

(the first two sets of numbers might not be right, but it's the last one that's important) Change the last number to at least 640, or change it to your screen width for it to appear in the middle.

With voice...that is a common thing with Destinator SDK, missing things out, just saying "Yards" or "Right turn, yards" without a value

Garry
    Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
    www.aimee.cc

Comment

Hi,
      you go to see here my posts:

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...&postcount=158
      http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...&postcount=159

I have personalized the file.inf and the file of the buttons of Destinator (it unloads the file.zip)
      You replace the original files with mine and you see if you like more' the display of Destinator (that under)

Mauri

Comment

I will try that-
        Thanks confused for the touchscreen keyboard!!

Can I display my speed on the screen?

One more question, I know there has been a lot of threads about this, but I haven't seen a solution yet.
        The map switching thing. Can I get rid of that.
        Can I in someway make one large mapfile or in some otherway. That would be really good!!

Comment

Originally posted by storm
          I will try that-
          Thanks confused for the touchscreen keyboard!!

Can I display my speed on the screen?

One more question, I know there has been a lot of threads about this, but I haven't seen a solution yet.
          The map switching thing. Can I get rid of that.
          Can I in someway make one large mapfile or in some otherway. That would be really good!!
          I have sent code to coyote for displaying the current speed. It is his decision from now on as to how he uses the code I have provided with him

I've heard that Destinator 3 maps are a single file, for Europe at least.

Garry
          www.aimee.cc

Comment

Is there a Destinator 3 SDK avaliable?
            Or can I in someother clever way get it on my PC?

Comment

There is not a V3 SDK. As with V2, you can use the PocketPC version maps with the SDK.

I am not sure on the legality of this licence wise...do so at your own risk!

Garry
              www.aimee.cc

Comment

That's what I do now, but can I use destinator 3 maps in destinator 2 SDK?

Comment

That's what I do now, but can I use destinator 3 maps in destinator 2 SDK?
                  Yes, it should be possible. I'm sure the maps won't have changed format from the two versions.

Garry
                  www.aimee.cc

Comment

I tried the "over speed limit" feature, and it seems to work well (If you like it). I think it's a little bit enoying with her talking about it all the time, Is it possible to display the speed limit instead?
                    That would be really cool.

Comment

I tried the "over speed limit" feature, and it seems to work well (If you like it). I think it's a little bit enoying with her talking about it all the time, Is it possible to display the speed limit instead?
                      The current speed limit doesn't seem to be made available by the SDK, it just tells you if you are over it or not. You could no doubt hightlight this on screen somehow with a flashing red "!" or something if that was more acceptable.

Hey just hook it to the brakes... that would be an adventure! heh

Anyone got the V3 SDK?

Chris.

Comment

Originally posted by Confused
                        Yes, it should be possible. I'm sure the maps won't have changed format from the two versions.

Garry
                        From what I understand, you can't use Destinator3 maps on Destinator2 engine. This is because of the new way you can customize your own maps. Destinator3 is still broken down to zones for maps. But, and here's the beauty of it, you can customize your own zone!!! This means instead of 10-20 small chunks of zone, you can customize it to be 2-5 or even 1 big zone. They allow this cause many people complain about the multiple map zones, but with the limit storage of PocketPC, they can't just make 1 big map file. What I don't like is how they made it compatible for notebook and ignore the near unlimited storage space of notebooks for destinator2. All they really did was port it directly over from pocketpcs.

But with this feature added, they can directly port from Pocketpc again, but this time have the option to increase the map to what ever size we want. And we notebook users will no doubt make it into 1 big map file.

Comment

GetGPSData will return EastVelocity and NorthVelocity, you should be able to combine these to calculate the speed and direction of travel.

Chris.

Comment

Chris,

You can use Pythagorus' theorum on the North/East velocity to get your speed, which is in m/sec, which you can then convert to MPH or KPH

I have also just emailed PowerLOC with regards to the Destinator 3 SDK, which they said in December would be available in limited form in January...here we are in March without anything

Garry
                            www.aimee.cc

Comment

Originally posted by Confused
                              Chris,

You can use Pythagorus' theorum on the North/East velocity to get your speed, which is in m/sec, which you can then convert to MPH or KPH

I have also just emailed PowerLOC with regards to the Destinator 3 SDK, which they said in December would be available in limited form in January...here we are in March without anything

Garry
                              Yep, speed is easy, direction too (distant sin, cos and tan memories) once you take account of the direction of course and round off the angle to a direction.

It doesn't however seem to tell you what the speed limit is on the current road so you can't do the warning he first asked about.

I mailed Destinator too as I want to know if I can interface to an existing instance of Destinator without starting another, I'd like to write an add-on rather than an app that hosts the session.

Chris.

Comment

Working...
                              X