Bug? Shuffling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug? Shuffling

I've always wanted to ask.. what's the problem with shuffle? Is it because of winamp or mediacar?

There is a high probability that a song will get played twice even though other songs have not been played in the playlist.

Perhaps if coyote has direct access to the coding, it could be programmed that the random next song should be picked only from the remaining songs in the playlist, and when a song is played, it is removed from the playlist. Make this playlist "in the background" so to speak.. so that it doesnt interfere with the real playlist that the user can see.
    New Lilliput EBY701 For Sale http://www.nusantech.com/index.asp?c...at=TOUCHSCREEN
    SiRF3 Bluetooth GPS http://www.nusantech.com/index.asp?cat=GPS

Originally posted by masch
    I've always wanted to ask.. what's the problem with shuffle? Is it because of winamp or mediacar?

There is a high probability that a song will get played twice even though other songs have not been played in the playlist.

Perhaps if coyote has direct access to the coding, it could be programmed that the random next song should be picked only from the remaining songs in the playlist, and when a song is played, it is removed from the playlist. Make this playlist "in the background" so to speak.. so that it doesnt interfere with the real playlist that the user can see.
    There is two different shuffle routines into mediacar :
    - When you let playing the music without moving yourself in the list, it's the Winamp shuffle who chose the next track.
    - When you move into the list with left and right butons, it's mediacar who chose the next track.

I think that the Mediacar shuffle routine is working better than the winamp shuffle and I will change to always use the one of Mediacar
    www.media-car.fr.st
    The first Belgian PC fully integrated in a car :)

Comment

anyone figure out how to randomize a little better? The same songs keep getting picked for me and I have a rather large playlist. Its like Mediacar is becoming self-aware and it only picks its favorite songs which i have to listen to over and over again.

Comment

Working...
      X