USB radio under MediaCar

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB radio under MediaCar

I have recently bought Gemtek (I dont know whether you heard about this brand, guys) USB radio, which was 25$, it has it's own soft to control, but can I somehow control it by MediaCar? what is about this Dlink Radio, is this only for some Dlink model, or its some chipset for FM?
    '93 Opel Vectra A with Custom Dash with 7" lilliput
    VoomPC/M1-ATX/M10K/256 RAM/20GB 2,5' HDD/Gemtek USB Radio/WinLite/RoadRunner
    http://zvi.home.ge/pics/?dir=vextra

Originally posted by zvi
    I have recently bought Gemtek (I dont know whether you heard about this brand, guys) USB radio, which was 25$, it has it's own soft to control, but can I somehow control it by MediaCar? what is about this Dlink Radio, is this only for some Dlink model, or its some chipset for FM?
    I think Gemtek is same same as D-link. I use the Gemtek driver (got it at Radiator) with my D-link in Media car.

Michael
    "It does not understand, if it does not ride."

M10000, 512 Mb, 2,5" 40G, Slim DVD, Opus 90W, Xenarc 7", Leadtek 9532 GPS,
    RoadRunner, MapMonkey, Pioneer HU, Pioneer 4 ch 400W, Kappa 6.5, Basslink X 200W

Comment

Originally posted by fly_dutchie
      I think Gemtek is same same as D-link. I use the Gemtek driver (got it at Radiator) with my D-link in Media car.

Michael
      True, it's the same hardware, I think that it should work with the Radio.dll used to control the Dlink radio.
      www.media-car.fr.st
      The first Belgian PC fully integrated in a car :)

Comment

cool! Thanks. I have my CarPC in disasembled state now, will try later
        '93 Opel Vectra A with Custom Dash with 7" lilliput
        VoomPC/M1-ATX/M10K/256 RAM/20GB 2,5' HDD/Gemtek USB Radio/WinLite/RoadRunner
        http://zvi.home.ge/pics/?dir=vextra

Comment

Michael
          How spar for a good receipt of the signal used that original of the radio D-Link or...... To me it seems that in auto doesn't have a great receipt......
          The original drivers on the CD of the D-Link are OK or better using......

Thanks to everybody

Mauri

Comment

Originally posted by mauri
            How spar for a good receipt of the signal used that original of the radio D-Link or...... To me it seems that in auto doesn't have a great receipt......
            The original drivers on the CD of the D-Link are OK or better using......

Thanks to everybody

Mauri
            Mauri, you say the original driver is better? For reception of FM?

Coyote, you prefer for stability D-link driver or Gemtek?

My D-link radio cannot resume from hibernate without crashing the system and forcing reboot.
            Confused said it was due to 'crappy' D-link driver (in my case crappy Gemtek driver).

Maybe I should try crappy D-link driver again?

Michael

RoadRunner, MapMonkey, Pioneer HU, Pioneer 4 ch 400W, Kappa 6.5, Basslink X 200W

Comment

Mauri, you say the original driver is better? For reception of FM?

Coyote, you prefer for stability D-link driver or Gemtek?

My D-link radio cannot resume from hibernate without crashing the system and forcing reboot.
              Confused said it was due to 'crappy' D-link driver (in my case crappy Gemtek driver).

Maybe I should try crappy D-link driver again?

Michael
              I have tried to connect to the D-Link first on my PC desktop and Mediacar, but am with the original drivers that with the others of radiator, as soon as I launch the radio with Mediacar 1.9.1b and Winfows XP Home, the PC it extinguishes him causing a serious error.
              In auto with the Carputer, Windows XP Home and Mediacar 1.9.1b work well instead, with the original drivers of the D-link, however' the receipt of the signal not and' good.

Mauri

Comment

I have tried to connect to the D-Link first on my PC desktop and Mediacar, but am with the original drivers that with the others of radiator, as soon as I launch the radio with Mediacar 1.9.1b and Winfows XP Home, the PC it extinguishes him causing a serious error.
                In auto with the Carputer, Windows XP Home and Mediacar 1.9.1b work well instead, with the original drivers of the D-link, however' the receipt of the signal not and' good.

Mauri
                I will try to swap the drivers tonight.

however' the receipt of the signal not and' good.
                Do you use the original antenna? Or the car antenna?
                You can get a cheap antenna amplifier at the car shop.

Michael

Comment

I will try to swap the drivers tonight.

Do you use the original antenna? Or the car antenna?
                  You can get a cheap antenna amplifier at the car shop.

Michael
                  I still have to firmly climb on the D-link in auto, but I think I will use' an amplifier of spar.
                  His original in auto not and' ok.

Mauri

Comment

Are there any plans to support different TV/FM tuner cards in the future? Some how integrate "Confused" Radio supplement that uses "Radiator"? That would give Media Car greater flexibility in that area. Just curious. I'm sure its been definately thought about and talked about but my searches on the topic yield nothing.

Comment

Where to get it?

Michael
                      Hi, i'm also from Holland (Ouddorp), and i've been looking all over for the D-link USB Radio, but i can't seem to find it anywhere. Where did you get yours?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by DutchNeon
                        Hi, i'm also from Holland (Ouddorp), and i've been looking all over for the D-link USB Radio, but i can't seem to find it anywhere. Where did you get yours?

Thanks!
                        See from ebay http://cgi6.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sort=3&rows=50

Mauri

Comment

Thanks, i don't know why i didn't think of that, i only looked at retail suppliers.
                          Anyway, i think i'll be able to get one form ebay, thanks!

Comment

Where you have positioned the radio D-link in auto?

To have a good receipt of the signal FM as you have resolved?

Have you used a different spar from that original?

Hi
                            Mauri

Comment

@King_Aero

I believe that in the next version of mediacar it will support all of the cards that are currently supported in Radiator. I can't wait although my carputer isn't even interfaced with my car speakers yet (i am waiting on my Surround Sound processor thats on its way)
                              -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

Working...
                              X