Mediacar and Win98SE problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mediacar and Win98SE problems

Who runs MC with win98se and knows a solution for the "power-off"-problem?
    (if choosing power-off, Mediacar only exits)?

BOBsega
    Spelling mistakes are normal ---> User comes from Germany :-)

Bob,

Make sure that in MediaCar Setup (accessible from the Start menu) you have set the Exit Menu Function to something other than Exit (such as Ask - which will give you the menu, or Power Off to shutdown)

Garry
    Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
    www.aimee.cc

Comment

I already set the exit menu function to ask.
      In the "ask"-menu i can choose exit, hibernate, power off, reboot and cancel. If i choose exit, MC exits to windows (without shutdown). But if i choose power off, MC exits to windows too (without shutdown)!
      How can i get MC to shutdwon if i choose power off?

BOBsega

Comment

I had this same problem with MediaEngine And It solved with changing the source code. But If You´re Using GIRDER and for example a remote controller you can specify girder to shutdown windows on specific button.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBsega
          Who runs MC with win98se and knows a solution for the "power-off"-problem?
          (if choosing power-off, Mediacar only exits)?

BOBsega
          Here is how it goes on my win98se system. If I choose "power-off" from inside media-car, the system first exits Mediacar but then attempts to restart windows (calls login screen) then dumps my active desktop and asks if I want to restore the active desktop. If I simply go to the start button while Mediacar is active, I can go to "Shut Down" and the computer closes normally. Something ain't correct here. Any ideas?

Comment

try this:
            Right click desktop and create new; shortcut. in the location line type: "shutdown -s -t 0". then if you can link to this shortcut from inside MediaCar it will shut down the PC. It works in XP, though I haven't tried linking to it from inside MediaCar.

Steve

Comment

The "Shutdown" command only works under Win XP, ME and 2000.
              98 dont knows the command "Shutdown".
              Thats the whole problem!

BOBsega

Comment

Originally posted by BOBsega
                The "Shutdown" command only works under Win XP, ME and 2000.
                98 dont knows the command "Shutdown".
                Thats the whole problem!

BOBsega

That's what I thought----->Microsoft software problem

Comment

Perhaps Coyote can edit the command in the next MC-Version, so that WinXP AND Win98 can execute it...

BOBsega

Comment

Hello all,

I'm a newbee here, more info than one could read through...but anyway, There is a command line for window 98 to shut down or standby or restart it..I have it somewhere here and as soon as I can find it I will post it, don't know how or if you change the original command line(s) for the exit buttons command(s), but from the shortcuts that I used it in it works a little too well, so let me do some digging and post it for you and hope it will help all of us......more to come..
                    RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
                    Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
                    Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
                    RRMedia
                    RRExtended
                    DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

I am having the same trouble. I'm pretty sure it was working and now it just dumps me to a login screen and then into windows with explorer open.

Comment

Win98 Problems

I'm also having the same shutdown problem. In addition, for some reason my sound balance shift all to the left side when I go into media car. windows media player and winamp play fine, but once I got into media car it shifts left. If I try to change the setting in media car back to the center of both speakers the volume slide moves down to nothing. Any suggestions?
                        Also, I'm not sure if it is because I have ID3 on but the majority of my music ends up putting an error message on the screen that I can't OK until it moves to the next song.

Comment

hmmm maybe...?=??

Perhaps you could use shutdown now prog and rename it to shutdown and register it

Comment

Originally posted by pinballmik
                            I'm also having the same shutdown problem. In addition, for some reason my sound balance shift all to the left side when I go into media car. windows media player and winamp play fine, but once I got into media car it shifts left. If I try to change the setting in media car back to the center of both speakers the volume slide moves down to nothing. Any suggestions?
                            Also, I'm not sure if it is because I have ID3 on but the majority of my music ends up putting an error message on the screen that I can't OK until it moves to the next song.
                            The EXACT same thing happens to me. PLEASE HELP!!

Comment

Working...
                            X