Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

XM-PCR in MediaCar?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • XM-PCR in MediaCar?

    Is anybody using MediaCar to control an XM-PCR?

    I have seen the posts about a secondary interface for XM, to replace the stock software, with a more car friendly layout.... but that seems to have die off....

    I was thinking either use the Launch button to open the stock XM software, or is it possible to allow the radio button to do the same thing?

    Are there dll issues with the XM-PCR?

    Just curious......

  • #2
    I have an XM-PCR which has been donated to me for testing/writing an app.

    I'm in the middle of moving house at the moment, so my coding is on-hold until I am set up in my new house.

    Once I have got working code, I shall be sending it to coyote, who will hopefully integrate it into MediaCar.

    If you want to help with testing (as i'm in the UK, i can't actually get a signal so can't test the channel things myself) then get in touch with me.


    Garry
    Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
    www.aimee.cc

    Comment


    • #3
      We are very patently waiting until Confused and Coyote get the MediaCar XM module hashed out!

      In the mean time here are a few I came across. I hope to get my XM-PCR sometime soon. I am just waiting on the money!

      Confused:
      I wil be glad to help test your code. I may get my XM within the month. I will let you know when I do.


      Get XMPC-CAR Here! - http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...ghlight=xm+pcr

      Get Touch XM Here! - http://www.xmfan.com/viewtopic.php?t=17429
      Randell Kelly

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Confused
        I have an XM-PCR which has been donated to me for testing/writing an app.

        I'm in the middle of moving house at the moment, so my coding is on-hold until I am set up in my new house.

        Once I have got working code, I shall be sending it to coyote, who will hopefully integrate it into MediaCar.

        If you want to help with testing (as i'm in the UK, i can't actually get a signal so can't test the channel things myself) then get in touch with me.


        Garry

        Any progress with this code? I am interested in testing it also.

        Comment


        • #5
          I've been moving house over the past couple of weeks, so i've had to hold development. I've not even had time to sort out my amps in my car, so i'm without music myself, let alone do other tasks!!

          I'll be posting here as soon as I have something for testing.

          Regards,

          Garry
          Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
          www.aimee.cc

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by dug1967
            Is anybody using MediaCar to control an XM-PCR?

            I have seen the posts about a secondary interface for XM, to replace the stock software, with a more car friendly layout.... but that seems to have die off....

            I was thinking either use the Launch button to open the stock XM software, or is it possible to allow the radio button to do the same thing?

            Are there dll issues with the XM-PCR?

            Just curious......
            Right now I'm using TouchXM with mediacar through the app launcher.... works well enough, still, would be nice to have it integrated.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by lopan
              Right now I'm using TouchXM with mediacar through the app launcher.... works well enough, still, would be nice to have it integrated.
              Okay, I Googled and didn't get much (a couple of postings with the word on XMFAN.com).......

              When does one find the software TOUCHXM?

              Thanks for the lead

              Comment


              • #8
                Get Touch XM Here!

                Get XMPC-CAR Here!



                I put it in an earlier post but I did not label them. I will go adjust them so other people can find it easy,






                Originally posted by dug1967
                Okay, I Googled and didn't get much (a couple of postings with the word on XMFAN.com).......

                When does one find the software TOUCHXM?

                Thanks for the lead
                Randell Kelly

                Comment


                • #9
                  After deciding to dump windows completely on my carpc, I have released the source code for XMPC-CAR. It's under a BSD style license instead of the GPL I had originally planned. This will allow MediaCar and MediaEngine to use the code. I have sent a notice to the developers notifying them.

                  Get it here and enjoy
                  MY CAR IS FOR SALE!
                  See My Project Page for Details - 2003 BMW E46 ///M3
                  Custom Dash Monitor Housing - OEM Fitment
                  Custom Overhead DVD-ROM Housing in Headliner
                  BMW I-Bus Integration
                  My homepage with many other fun projects!

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X