Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to get milkdrop visualizations to work?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to get milkdrop visualizations to work?

Ever since i reinstalled mediacar 1.9, i cant get visualizations to work and i have no clue whats wrong, can someone put together a post saying exactly what to do to get visualizations to work since they dont work when unzipped? ive read as much as i can in the problems thread and cant find anything. thanks whenever i Do get the visualizations to work, theyshow up in the backbround. Im trying to get milkdrop to work btw

Originally posted by DSM97RS
    Ever since i reinstalled mediacar 1.9, i cant get visualizations to work and i have no clue whats wrong, can someone put together a post saying exactly what to do to get visualizations to work since they dont work when unzipped? ive read as much as i can in the problems thread and cant find anything. thanks whenever i Do get the visualizations to work, theyshow up in the backbround. Im trying to get milkdrop to work btw
    replace the windows search string "*AVS display*" in the setup by "*AVS*"

Coyote
    www.media-car.fr.st
    The first Belgian PC fully integrated in a car :)

Comment

Originally posted by coyote

Coyote
      Thankyou!

Comment

hi !

@DSM97RS

I tried milkdrop vis. , too but it won't work.
        Do I need only to install it in the Media Car folder and change the search string or what have I to do to get this work with the MediCar v1.91b ?

greets Daniel

P.S. Sorry for the bad english :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Rat_Man
          hi !

@DSM97RS

I tried milkdrop vis. , too but it won't work.
          Do I need only to install it in the Media Car folder and change the search string or what have I to do to get this work with the MediCar v1.91b ?

greets Daniel

P.S. Sorry for the bad english :-)
          i just opened up winamp and change the visualization to milkdrop and do that coyote said and in the settings file, changs avs string to avs, it works fine for me now

Comment

ok now it works!

but i got another problem with it:

I am testing it first on my normal pc before i do that in my car.
            Here on my pc milkdrop gets into the background when i am starting it (new version of milkdrop v1.04) and i can get it on top because its bigger than MediaCar so i can click on it. but how can i get it on top in my car on the 7" teouchscreen ?

Comment

Originally posted by Rat_Man
              ok now it works!

but i got another problem with it:

I am testing it first on my normal pc before i do that in my car.
              Here on my pc milkdrop gets into the background when i am starting it (new version of milkdrop v1.04) and i can get it on top because its bigger than MediaCar so i can click on it. but how can i get it on top in my car on the 7" teouchscreen ?
              I think im having the same problem, but mine is smaller than it so i cant get it on top. It seems like the first time or so i click on vis it works, but after that it either doesnt work at all or it is going behind mediacar.
              2003 Jetta GLI
              1.8 ghz intel pentium 4
              256 mb ram
              dvdrom
              xenarc 700tsv

Status - 90% - need to finish bondoing

Comment

Did you do this?

Coyote
                Laidback

The ultimate CarPC - Wow!

Comment

yea it did not work at all at first, and changine it to AVS made it work but it still doesnt work after i close the visualization and try to open it again
                  2003 Jetta GLI
                  1.8 ghz intel pentium 4
                  256 mb ram
                  dvdrom
                  xenarc 700tsv

Status - 90% - need to finish bondoing

Comment

Originally posted by mp3mike05
                    yea it did not work at all at first, and changine it to AVS made it work but it still doesnt work after i close the visualization and try to open it again
                    Hmmm, that's funny, last time I tried it, it worked fine! Now I just tried it and I'm having the same problem as you!!! I don't remember if I upgraded inbetween!

Coyoteeeeeeeeeeee! What happened?
                    Laidback

Comment

ok...
                      1.uninstalled everything
                      2.reinstalled everything with update
                      3.tried it out with the standard visualization and it worked fine
                      4.tried it out with milkdrop and nothing showed up....

whats happenin

Comment

Originally posted by DSM97RS
                        ok...
                        1.uninstalled everything
                        2.reinstalled everything with update
                        3.tried it out with the standard visualization and it worked fine
                        4.tried it out with milkdrop and nothing showed up....

whats happenin
                        Not sure what you're doing but it works on mine if you click the vis button twice, the first time it launches behind MediaCar, the second click brings it to the front.

If you close it using the x in the top right corner it won't work again until you restart MediaCar! If you close it the MediaCar way, near the top right corner, it will open again but still behind MediaCar.
                        Laidback

Comment

If you use MilkDrop you must update the windows search string for the MilkDrop windows to "*MILK*" for exemple.
                          www.media-car.fr.st
                          The first Belgian PC fully integrated in a car :)

Comment

If you use MilkDrop you must update the windows search string for the MilkDrop windows to "*MILK*" for exemple.
                            Doh! I realised later, I must have re-installed, well It was past my bedtime!!
                            Laidback

Comment

Originally posted by Laidback
                              Doh! I realised later, I must have re-installed, well It was past my bedtime!!
                              wtf, worked fine, then i loaded it again today and the visualizations play behind mediacar and when i click vis again, it turns off.

Comment

Working...
                              X