Help with Hibernation.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Hibernation.

This may have been discussed before but since I work 12 hours a day 7 days a week I only have time to sleep and go to work so I don't have the time to search through everything. I am running Win2000 Pro on a HP e-pc using only a touchscreen for an input. If I select Hibernate from Mediacar it hibernates properly but when I turn it back on the touchscreen dosn't work. If I exit mediacar and hibernate from the start menu wheen I turn back on all works fine. Whats going on? Help Please
    2002 Oldsmobile Alero GL2 4DR
    Aleroputer 90% done (ripped out and being rewired)
    MYMODS:
    Pioneer Head unit in a remote location, Clarion Amp, XM Satilite Radio, 2 10" Audiobahn DVC Subs wired 1 ohm in a bandpass box, Grill Mesh, Halo Guages

I would upgrade to XP. I don't have a solution for your system, but I've had problems with the hibernation feature of win 2000 with various applications running.
    If at first you don't succeed, so much for skydiving!

Comment

I would I just don't have the cash or the time.
      2002 Oldsmobile Alero GL2 4DR
      Aleroputer 90% done (ripped out and being rewired)
      MYMODS:
      Pioneer Head unit in a remote location, Clarion Amp, XM Satilite Radio, 2 10" Audiobahn DVC Subs wired 1 ohm in a bandpass box, Grill Mesh, Halo Guages

Comment

i had the same problem with win2k and standby on my via .. however hibernate works fine for me under my cutdown win2k install ..

have you tried standby as an alternative?

what type of touchscreen are you using and have you checked for the latest drivers for it?

also, have you checked for a firmware upgrade for your mobo .. and possibly make sure you have all the latest (and correct) drivers for your hardware ..

Comment

Working...
        X