Using Lilliput as control

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Lilliput as control

Anyone ever think about somehow hooking up the UP/DOWN buttons and maybe volume up/down to the computer in someway that they control MC?

Also I saw a project to have the Lilliput switch on when the computer boots. In my ideal world it would be the other way round. The computer is a slave, switch on the monitor and it boots the computer hidden away somewhere.

Any thoughts?
    .//Daren
    (Epia M10000/C134) (C137/MII 10000) Liliput /Opus 150W/DVD/512MB/80GB/Hummer H1
    MediaCar/CoPilot7/Routis

It would be easy to re-wire the lilliput buttons into your serial port and have they perform keypresses when pressed: http://www.cartft.com/catalog/il/50
    1994 RX-7, EPIA P4-ITX w/ Celeron 2.4 Ghz, Arise PSU, Xenarc 700TSV (new model)

Comment

I'll give it a try and let you know.
      .//Daren
      (Epia M10000/C134) (C137/MII 10000) Liliput /Opus 150W/DVD/512MB/80GB/Hummer H1
      MediaCar/CoPilot7/Routis

Comment

YES, let us know, that sounds great!
        Dual Lilliput's 70NP/C/T
        Syntax SV266AD KT266A
        AMD Athlon XP 2000
        Viking 256MB DDR
        D-Link Wireless 802.11B
        Seagate 120GB
        OrbitMicro 250W DC/DC converter
        SII Wireless Audio Link
        Digimoto OBD-II
        Earthmate GPS
        BU-303 USB GPS
        D-Link Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by mobileh1
          Anyone ever think about somehow hooking up the UP/DOWN buttons and maybe volume up/down to the computer in someway that they control MC?

Also I saw a project to have the Lilliput switch on when the computer boots. In my ideal world it would be the other way round. The computer is a slave, switch on the monitor and it boots the computer hidden away somewhere.

Any thoughts?
          You write the link where you have seen the project to turn on the Lilliput
          Thanks
          Mauri

Comment

while we're talking about the lilliput/remote control/rewiring...
            Is anyone using using the lilliput remote to access anything else besides itself, i guess what i'm trying to say is, are people using another ir remote to access mediacar software (or mediaengine) or lilliputs ir remote?
            Dual Lilliput's 70NP/C/T
            Syntax SV266AD KT266A
            AMD Athlon XP 2000
            Viking 256MB DDR
            D-Link Wireless 802.11B
            Seagate 120GB
            OrbitMicro 250W DC/DC converter
            SII Wireless Audio Link
            Digimoto OBD-II
            Earthmate GPS
            BU-303 USB GPS
            D-Link Bluetooth