Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inexpensive Radio/TV/capture PCI card w/MC?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inexpensive Radio/TV/capture PCI card w/MC?

Im looking for a cheap TV/FM/Capture card thats PCI that works w/mediaCar. If I recall it supports everything Radiator supports, but Im unsure on this. I basically need a capture card for my Rearview camera so I do to have to manually select my video source from my Lilliput, but Id like to take advanatge of the FM radio in MediaCar if I could.
    Anyone know of any? Ive seen some real inexpensive cards, but cant seem to find one that supports Radiator. I was going to use a USB video capture cable, but it requires atleast a 1.8G machine, and Im using a EPIA M9000, not nearly fast enough.

Any help wpuld be appreciated.
    2011 Nissan Frontier SL
    AMD X3 2.2 | M4-ATX | 16Gb SSD | 2GB DDR3-1333 | MSI GF615M-P33 MB
    OBDPROS USB | BU-303 GPS l LILLIPUT TS | Car2PC adapter | XM Direct | USB Dual band N with custom mag-mount antenna.

I have not understood well perhaps that owe to do, but you always have to select by hand the input from the rising video of your back rear camera if you use the lilliput in VGA.
    This because' you have to pass from the system VGA to PAL, compatible with the camera.
    Even if you change card of acquisition image I think that the problem remains, you always have to stop by VGA to PAL to see images from your rear camera.

Mauri

Comment

i thought the dlink was the only fm radio card that worked with mediacar?

Originally posted by mauri
      I have not understood well perhaps that owe to do, but you always have to select by hand the input from the rising video of your back rear camera if you use the lilliput in VGA.
      This because' you have to pass from the system VGA to PAL, compatible with the camera.
      Even if you change card of acquisition image I think that the problem remains, you always have to stop by VGA to PAL to see images from your rear camera.

Mauri
      Technology, Gadgets and Making Money Online
      http://www.genemills.ca

Comment

If this is so, them Im SOL on that note, canyanyone confirm this? ifso, Im just gonna get the PCI dual splitter riser card and get a cheap tv/fm/capture card to display my rearview camera.

BTW, when I use my cam, I dont have to change from NTSC to PAL, it works with just changing the input since I use NTSC anyways and so does the camera. Its just a pain to have to swap video inputs on the lilliput, also its more of a clean interface if the rearview is embedded.
        2011 Nissan Frontier SL
        OBDPROS USB | BU-303 GPS l LILLIPUT TS | Car2PC adapter | XM Direct | USB Dual band N with custom mag-mount antenna.

Comment

BUMP - Noone knows if the Radio only works w/ the Dlink?
          2011 Nissan Frontier SL

Comment

Yes the D-link does work with MediaCar, but the quality may vary depending on conditions, in other words for some it's crap, for others it works ok.

I was under the impression that Coyote was developing media car with radiator support so that anyone with a radiator supported radio could use media car, that would seem the obvious choice as radiator has lots of plugins for various radio modules.

I'm currently testing Confused's radio supplement with a USB radio extreme and radiator. Seems to be working fine.

I just launch it as an app.

Craig
            Audi S8 supercar
            Modded Xbox 400GB HD
            Rear 7" screen & navplus

Toyota Hiace Van
            Shuttle PIII 866 256Mb 10GB OPUS powered
            MediaCar & Mappoint 2004
            Custom fit 7" TFT VGA TSK

Comment

Yes and the d-link/gemtek 21 is the only radio module that works with media car.
              Audi S8 supercar
              Modded Xbox 400GB HD
              Rear 7" screen & navplus

Toyota Hiace Van
              Shuttle PIII 866 256Mb 10GB OPUS powered
              MediaCar & Mappoint 2004
              Custom fit 7" TFT VGA TSK

Comment

Thanks!
                2011 Nissan Frontier SL

Comment

Im kinda confused being a nubie and all..

Ok is radiator a program that works with media car to help a radio work with the program, or is it a stand alone program?

Will radio extreme work with MC? I know the d-link will, but i havent herd anything good about how clear the stations come in with it.

What i would like to do is get a good usb radio that will work with MC.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by thepogcbr900rr
                    Im kinda confused being a nubie and all..

Ok is radiator a program that works with media car to help a radio work with the program, or is it a stand alone program?

Will radio extreme work with MC? I know the d-link will, but i havent herd anything good about how clear the stations come in with it.

What i would like to do is get a good usb radio that will work with MC.

Thanks
                    Radiator is an external program. Confused made a radio suppliment that uses radiator as it's back end. The radio supplement will support any thing that radiator does. RadioXtreme will work with the suppliment.

Frodo
                    [H]4 Life
                    My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
                    It will be done sometime in the next generation.
                    I'm a lesbian too.
                    I am for hire!

Comment

Working...
                    X