Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audigy 2NX with separate mute for Line-In and Mic-In

Hi,

Has anyone been able to or know of any other driver for Audigy 2NX USB that will give a separate mute for Line-In and Mic-In in the audio control panel? The soundcard has two separate physical input for Line-In and Mic-In but the software/driver from SoundBlaster combines the Line-In and Mic-In into one volume control slider and mute. I using the Mic-In for my WinTV audio and the Line-In for my Dlink radio. As you all know, MediaCar needs the Line-In for the Dlink to be muted and uses a Line-In plugin from Winamp for the radio's audio. Since the Line-In/Mic-In for the Audity is combined, this will also mute the audio for my WinTV card. Is anyone experiencing this or have a solution for it? Thanks.
    2002 BMW E46 (99% done)
    Lilliput 7"
    P4 2.0
    80Gb
    DLink FM
    Routis 2004
    Opus 150W
    1200watts of PPI power
    2 - 12" solobaric
    MB Quartz
    IBUS - steering control
    USB 2.0 DVD player

Try the KX drivers.
    [H]4 Life
    My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
    It will be done sometime in the next generation.
    I'm a lesbian too.
    I am for hire!

Comment

Thanks Frodo. Is that a soundblaster driver? I couldn't find it on their website. Could you elaborate a little bit more? -Andy
      2002 BMW E46 (99% done)
      Lilliput 7"
      P4 2.0
      80Gb
      DLink FM
      Routis 2004
      Opus 150W
      1200watts of PPI power
      2 - 12" solobaric
      MB Quartz
      IBUS - steering control
      USB 2.0 DVD player

Comment

Originally posted by badandy4you
        Thanks Frodo. Is that a soundblaster driver? I couldn't find it on their website. Could you elaborate a little bit more? -Andy

Sure

http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/index.php?skip=1
        [H]4 Life
        My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
        It will be done sometime in the next generation.
        I'm a lesbian too.
        I am for hire!

Comment

Didn't try the KX driver yet but just spoke with Creative/SoundBlaster. They just told me that even though the card has two separate Line-In/Mic-In, internally it is only one input. If both of them are plugged in, the Mic would take precedent over the Line-In. What a bummer, even my $10 sound card has two separate inputs. Does anyone else have a different answer/solution?

-Andy
          2002 BMW E46 (99% done)
          Lilliput 7"
          P4 2.0
          80Gb
          DLink FM
          Routis 2004
          Opus 150W
          1200watts of PPI power
          2 - 12" solobaric
          MB Quartz
          IBUS - steering control
          USB 2.0 DVD player

Comment

Originally posted by frodobaggins
            Try the KX drivers.
            This is from the KX FAQ at http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/faq.php?language=en#cards

Q. Will there be support for the Creative Labs Extigy and Audigy2 NX?

A. The Extigy and Audigy2 NX cards are NOT 10k1/10k2-based card (most of their functionallity is software-based), and since they are USB audio devices they are not kX-compatible. However, we are currently working on ASIO drivers for these cards. In order to finish we will need test samples -- please donate to our kX Fund in order to help us to support both cards.
            2004 4runner

Comment

The Audigy 2 NX does combine the Line in and Mic-In.

What you can do is buy a Griffen I-Mic. 30 buks.

Adds another USB soundcard sorta to your system. Add's line in and out etc.. Very small and cheap.
              SP13000|M2-ATX|512MB DDR400|2.5" 7200RPM S-ATA|Trans-7"|Slim SL DVD-CDRW|KEH 5.1 DSP|SB L!ve Ext|Gyration PowerMate|BT|WiFi|GPS|WinXP|VoomPC
              GPSing - Digital Speedo
              Relocating headunit and extending faceplate
              Button app to Alt-Tab between two programs

Comment

Arghh......I can't say how ****ed I am at Creative right now!!!!! This is the first sound card I've ever seen that has the line-in/mic inputs combined. Combined isnt' even the right description. From what I can tell, if you have ANYTHING plugged into the Line-in connector, then the MIC input is always off and cannot be used.

I don't really need more than 2 channel output. Does anyone know of the MP3+ USB has this same problem? I'd like to avoid getting a second USB sound card just for the MIC.

I guess my other alternative is to use the MIC-In on the M10k. But that will require a fairly long wire run. The mic may not even work in that case.
                2004 4runner

Comment

I used the Griffen I-Mic becasue of that.
                  You can get it for 30 buks from CompUSA.

I don't recall if the MP3+ did that. I just sold it to my friend for 20 buks to get optical out doing into his Home Stereo.
                  SP13000|M2-ATX|512MB DDR400|2.5" 7200RPM S-ATA|Trans-7"|Slim SL DVD-CDRW|KEH 5.1 DSP|SB L!ve Ext|Gyration PowerMate|BT|WiFi|GPS|WinXP|VoomPC
                  GPSing - Digital Speedo

Comment

According to Creative tech support, all their USB soundcards does this except the PCI version. Line-In is usually the dominant input if both Line-In and Mic-In are plugged in. I was thinking of wiring the Line-In to a relay and have the relay disconnect the line but the problem is I need some way to automatically triggering the relay.
                    2002 BMW E46 (99% done)
                    Lilliput 7"
                    P4 2.0
                    80Gb
                    DLink FM
                    Routis 2004
                    Opus 150W
                    1200watts of PPI power
                    2 - 12" solobaric
                    MB Quartz
                    IBUS - steering control
                    USB 2.0 DVD player

Comment

It's much easier to just use the i-mic. Or possibly a 1/8th headphone Y splitter.
                      Better yet, use the optical in. (I plan on using the XMPCR with optical out into the Audigy 2 NX)

You can get line to optical converters but they require power. www.partsexpress.com has them I think.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=180-970
                      GPSing - Digital Speedo

Comment

Yep, I read your previous response regarding what Creative Tech Support had to say. I'm not sure I really trust them though. Hopefully somone who owns an MP3+ USB will let us know if they have this problem too.

I thought about the relay idea as well but ultimately, it won't do what I need. I want voice recognition to work all the time, even when music from my Radioman is playing. Thus I need Line-in and Mic to work concurrently.
                        2004 4runner

Comment

Originally posted by LESLIEx317537
                          It's much easier to just use the i-mic. Or possibly a 1/8th headphone Y splitter.
                          Better yet, use the optical in. (I plan on using the XMPCR with optical out into the Audigy 2 NX)

You can get line to optical converters but they require power. www.partsexpress.com has them I think.
                          I think the Y-splitter (direct wiring two input sources together) approach might result in a damaged microphone and/or other source equipment.

The optical converter route is a possibility but again requires the purchase of another $30+ piece of hardware. That defeats the purpose of the NX in the first place. I want a single piece of hardware that can do it all. If the NX cannot do it alone, then it's hard for me to justify its high price ($100+).
                          2004 4runner

Comment

Yes, you can say that again, I was disapointed to find that out when I got it a while back.

In my Home I use the Audigy 2 ZS Pro and that has a whole bunch of inputs and outputs that work well. But it's huge and PCI.
                            GPSing - Digital Speedo

Comment

Working...
                            X