No announcement yet.

@Coyote: Some thoughts on phone module?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @Coyote: Some thoughts on phone module?

Hi Coyote,

Hope you're still on the project

Just messing around here. Not trying to force anything upon you. But I was thinking that since you're going to build a phone module, maybe I just chip in my thoughts in pictures. Feel free to me anytime you like

I think it's safe if you merge DVD and video modules together. For me the Video module is sufficient. Just need a little tweak with the menus for DVD. We can reduce the number of buttons in the main menu thus so:

Now for the Phone module. I am hoping that you will include a quick dial. For my part, I think that the quick dial should be on the main phone menu. Using my handphone, I find that I use quick dial much more often than using dial pad. Not to mention that you should not use phone while driving , therefore the quick dial should minimize distraction from looking for numbers. Thus,

Now, if we press NUM PAD, the Number pad will appear thus:

Pressing Quick dial will go back to the main phone menu.

What do you think?

Feb
    Brushed Metal Skin
    http://www.geocities.com/febsperanza]
    MIA at the moment
    [please email me instead of pm]

That looks really great....
    Good work, hope this will be true some day
    Nobody liked my monkey :(

Comment

Wow. That would be awesome. I wonder what kind of phones will be supported for this
      -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

Erm. Coyote's next release will let you customize the buttons in the main menu (at least in the to do list it says it's already done). Having said that, when its released just bind the button to zorro's phone module, and feb you can just transffer the skin you made to zorro's phonecontrol soft.

No point in reinventing the wheel.
        ----------------------
        VIA Epia II
        256MB 266DDR Ram
        90GB Wester Digital
        Bluetooth/Deluo GPS
        Lilliput 7" Touchscreen
        ----------------------
        Mazda 6 Carputter > Click Me!

Comment

hey would that work with phonecontrol
          Best Technique In Life Is Having No Technique

ONE DAY I WILL LEARN HOW TO USE THE COMPUTER THE RIGHT WAY.

Comment

looks impressive!
            Dual Lilliput's 70NP/C/T
            Syntax SV266AD KT266A
            AMD Athlon XP 2000
            Viking 256MB DDR
            D-Link Wireless 802.11B
            Seagate 120GB
            OrbitMicro 250W DC/DC converter
            SII Wireless Audio Link
            Digimoto OBD-II
            Earthmate GPS
            BU-303 USB GPS
            D-Link Bluetooth

Comment

Tasty - not sure about the Skoda logo though lol

Terran
              My Project Site

Comment

PS - Any thoughts on how the quick dial names could be changed ? With out graphice knowlage it may be a bit hard... What about the text like QD1, QD2 etc ?

Terran
                My Project Site

Comment

Again, if they impelement zorro's module the names will taken right out of the address book on the phone.
                  ----------------------
                  VIA Epia II
                  256MB 266DDR Ram
                  90GB Wester Digital
                  Bluetooth/Deluo GPS
                  Lilliput 7" Touchscreen
                  ----------------------
                  Mazda 6 Carputter > Click Me!

Comment

hmmn... quick dial idea is awesome, can't wait to see this phone menu implemented in mediacar.. one thing tho, i still prefer video and dvd as a separate section 'coz i play my "dvd" from my dvd slim-slot player and "video" for my downloaded mpeg videos from the net, i prefer them to be of different source.

danon
                    [....99.9%]
                    [HW] 566eMHz/128mb/6gb, FlyVideo3k, RandMgps, M1-ATX, 7" Lilliput, VGA2AVadptrFor2ndVideo, 4CH/100rms, 10"Sub, 40AhDeepCycleTank
                    [....99.8%]
                    [SW] XP/MMC/FP:D3,FlyTV/AxifeFM,CarMM?
                    [Working on] puttingBackEvrythg.

Comment

@Terran,
                      I am hoping that the quick dial names can be changed with an .ini file or something. But I hope it will not be scrollable, a la radio module. I prefer it to be fixed on buttons. Glancing at the Zorro's Phonecontrol, are the names fixed or scrollable?

@danon,
                      With the music module, you can also play audio cd and mp3's can't you? So I thought, why not with videos, right?
                      Brushed Metal Skin
                      http://www.geocities.com/febsperanza]
                      MIA at the moment
                      [please email me instead of pm]

Comment

Originally posted by ccsnet
                        PS - Any thoughts on how the quick dial names could be changed ? With out graphice knowlage it may be a bit hard... What about the text like QD1, QD2 etc ?

Terran

Sorry, you have to go out and find friends named Tom, Dick, Harry, Kevin, Keanu, Liv, Fanny, Sally, Linda and Carrie.

Comment

Originally posted by febsperanza
                          @danon,
                          With the music module, you can also play audio cd and mp3's can't you? So I thought, why not with videos, right?
                          that's quite true, altho there is not much difference hearing a good mp3 to a cd audio, dvd movies are far too good than short video clips downloaded on the net, even vcd's.

it's just to separate the "wow" factor of the dvd, 5.1 surrond, with selectable menus/options, etc. section of mediacar, from a standard video clip 'coz i do have a lot of short video clips downloaded on the net from time to time and as i am aware a lot of members are also doing this, thus merging the two would spoil everything (i hope you follow what i mean)

@enforcer
                          Sorry, you have to go out and find friends named Tom, Dick, Harry, Kevin, Keanu, Liv, Fanny, Sally, Linda and Carrie.
                          ha-ha-ha

danon
                          [....99.9%]
                          [HW] 566eMHz/128mb/6gb, FlyVideo3k, RandMgps, M1-ATX, 7" Lilliput, VGA2AVadptrFor2ndVideo, 4CH/100rms, 10"Sub, 40AhDeepCycleTank
                          [....99.8%]

Comment

..as soon as the page loaded and in front of me the pic of the main menu of your 'brush metal skin' febs, i realized that there is no room for additional button, so i came up with the idea that when you press the video button, another menu will show with two buttons to go either dvd, or video, mpeg, vdc (or whatever is suitable name) but then again it now depends on coyote i guess..

i wish coyote would provide an uncompiled version of mediacar so that we (programmers/developers) can customize it to our liking...

danon
                            [....99.9%]
                            [....99.8%]

Comment

Originally posted by febsperanza
                              Glancing at the Zorro's Phonecontrol, are the names fixed or scrollable?
                              They are scrollable, using a few tricks, like quick jump to alphabet letter, etc..

But then , they arenít quick dial, Phonecontrol loads the entire phone list from your phone.

Quick Specs:

Loads entire phone list from phone
                              5 numbers per contact
                              Can add photo to contact name
                              Dial any number from phone list or dial pad
                              Detects incoming calls and displays name and photo
                              sms sending/receiving
                              Full sinkable / Transparency support
                              etc,etc,etc...

It's quite a litle nice app and zorro support it's just amazing

Think that with your skin and integration with mediacar/ME/Frodoplayer it would be perfect. And Zorro is still working on it thinking of new features.
                              Ikea Case. Epia M10000.M1-ATX. 512 Mb. 2,5" 80 GB HDD. 7" Lilliput. BU-303 GPS. Sony Joystick.
                              Status -->
                              Lilliput Installed (not indash yet..)
                              BraveCar 2.5

Comment

Working...
                              X