Night mode causing weird screen problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Night mode causing weird screen problem

When I click on night mode, the screen goes funky like it's being turned to 4-bit color or something. I assume this is some kind of gamma conflict, but I can't figure it out. I've tried using a Radeon 8500 and a Geforce2 MX, but they both do the same thing.

Does anyone know what the problem is?

What monitor, resolution, refresh rate??
    1.6GHz HP e-PC, 768MB RAM, 120GB WD HDD, Slim DVD-ROM, Onboard sound & video, 7" Lilliput, USB GPS Mouse, Audiovox FM Modulator, Vector 400 Watt Power Inverter, Windows XP Pro SP2, iGuidance 2, 15" Samsung LCD for the rear *Carputer not installed*

Comment

The same happens to me with a Lilliput 7" at 848x400 and colr depth of 32bits.
      When i change the gamma through graphic cards utility it is all ok but when
      i change it through medicar the screen goes with red/green/blue spot all over.
      What could the problem???
      100% done
      Moving on new box in the trunk

Comment

It did it to me when my desktop was 32 bit. When I switched it to 16 bit it didn't do it anymore. Try that.

- Kyle

Comment

Some Problem. But can't figure it out.
          But I'm working on it!

Comment

Originally posted by the_dude
            It did it to me when my desktop was 32 bit. When I switched it to 16 bit it didn't do it anymore. Try that.

- Kyle
            Thanx.....but using 16bit color did you see the videos playing ok???
            100% done
            Moving on new box in the trunk

Comment

I don't know if this is the cause of the problem. Buts its an idea. Drivers.

On my LcD with a NVidia Graphics chip on old drivers didn't have a problem night mode, since i downloaded the latest drivers, nightmode is as you explain, has discoloration badly.

btw, i don't remember what the old driver version was
              Mark

Car'Puter Project
              - Xenarc 700TSV
              - MSI RS482M-IL Mobo + AMD Turion MT-32 (25W)
              - 1x 256MB Corsair XMMS DDR400
              - M2-ATX
              - Belkin 802.11G W-Nic
              - Garmin 15H GPS
              - WinXP SP2 (NLited)

Comment

I'd say try rolling back the drivers, the latest drivers are not always the best. Sometimes you gotta find that out the hard way.
                1.6GHz HP e-PC, 768MB RAM, 120GB WD HDD, Slim DVD-ROM, Onboard sound & video, 7" Lilliput, USB GPS Mouse, Audiovox FM Modulator, Vector 400 Watt Power Inverter, Windows XP Pro SP2, iGuidance 2, 15" Samsung LCD for the rear *Carputer not installed*

Comment

I'm runing at 848x400, 32-bit, 70hz refresh. I think I tried changing to 16bit, but it still did the same thing. Also, it could be the drivers, but since I used both an ATI and GeForce, I thought it was something else. I'll play with it some more tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by thomasd
                    Thanx.....but using 16bit color did you see the videos playing ok???
                    Don't know, don't have any videos but I have played a DVD and that looked fine.

Comment

Well I've done a fresh install with the latest Geforce drivers and I get the same problem. Is it possible to download old Geforce drivers from anywhere?

Comment

Driver archives on the left side of download page on Nvidia website:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp-2k_archive.html
                        "Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a b@$#*??!!"

Comment

Well I rolled back the drivers to basically the ones that come with Windows XP (dated 2001) and it fixed the problem.

Comment

Could this be related to the problem I have with nightmode switching off after a fraction of a second when i try to turn it on with the "Toggle nightmode" button? and isn't there any automatic function that tells the software that it's night time?

Comment

Working...
                            X