DLink radio issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DLink radio issues

Hey guys does ur D=link work good in MC? I installed the Gemtek drivers and can play radio in radiator or Media Engine with no problems, when I try and play radio in MC I get the radio screen come up then about 4 seconds later BANG blue screen of death then a reboot? anyone have any Ideas??
    BigAl

This is not an answer to your problem, just a comfort that your're not alone. I've had this problem, and i know some people with this problem, and i think its in some other threads as well. For me it was one of those deals where i threw it back on ebay and bought an alternative tuner

Comment

Am I the only one using a D-link with Media Car???
      need some input here please.

Comment

im using a dlink with media car using the drivers i got off dlinks website and it works fine, the only thing that makes media car blue screen for me is when i return from hibernate. other than that i havnt had any other issues

Comment

Hi I am also using the DLINK radio , I t dosent hang or reboot but well the radio wont switch off. and if i use the mute function on EXIt. it will not play at all till i unmute it for the next time..........
          Commell LV-677 DC 6 x 6" Mother Board
          2.6 GHz; 1 Gb Ram
          120 Gb Laptop HD
          7" InDash Xenarc MTD - X7000 Screen
          Gyration Mouse ; GPS Mouse ; ELM Scan ; TPMS
          Parrot MK 6000 & iPhone
          ----------
          Re done the carputer...Into the Glove Box !!

Comment

Uhhhggg

K this is ****`n me off now cause I tried every type of driver and It still crashes ONLY in Mediacar, like I said when I run it in Mediaengine and Just run Radiator itself it works fine the radio. I tried reinstalling Mediacar and still same think happens......why oh why...

Comment

BigAl

This has been covered over and over again.

We think it's basically down to the audio drivers and the plugin linein.dll used in winamp to get the radio through the line in socket even when muted.

Radiator and mediaengine don't use this function, but it crashes one of my PC's but not the other.

Craig
              Audi S8 supercar
              Modded Xbox 400GB HD
              Rear 7" screen & navplus

Toyota Hiace Van
              Shuttle PIII 866 256Mb 10GB OPUS powered
              MediaCar & Mappoint 2004
              Custom fit 7" TFT VGA TSK

Comment

yes

here is a Idea? how about we fix it?
                Just a thought.....

Comment

bit of a update.. if your one of the lucky ones to actual manage to get it working.. then to set it up correctly, you first need to plug it into the mic not the line in.. then you need to go into your volume settings and adjust your recording mic setting, not the playback settings, these should be muted otherwise it will seem like you have two radios playing all the time. So adjust your recording mic volume so its the same as your wave volume.. I needed to play for 5 mins till I was happy they were about the same. I do get the blue screen when returning from hibernation but the rest of the time it seems ok. I might try upgrading to SP2 see if that helps.. need wifi first to save me running a 20m cable to my house switch.
                  Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

Comment

Solution

Originally posted by BigAl
                    Hey guys does ur D=link work good in MC? I installed the Gemtek drivers and can play radio in radiator or Media Engine with no problems, when I try and play radio in MC I get the radio screen come up then about 4 seconds later BANG blue screen of death then a reboot? anyone have any Ideas??
                    BigAl
                    If you were using the Windows XP, here is the fix for the blue screen after 4 sec. Just force it to install the drivers for Windows 2000, from the D-link's website. It fixed the same problem with me. Hope it helps.

Comment

i had reboot problem with my dilink and
                      i found this somewhere...
                      it works great now...
                      it is made for win 2000 and i am using 2000 now...
                      i think it should work with xp as well...
                      try and let people know how it goes...

Originally posted by BigAl
                      BigAl

Comment

Working...
                      X