Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coyote, please

Coyote,

First off I'd just like to say what a great service you have provided the mp3car community. Your software is amazing and I speak for the entire community when I thank you for all the time you have put into it.

Having not heard from you in the longest time now, It is hard to know what to expect. It seems you've had some family troubles and whatnot, and for that we give you are deepest sympathies. But i think we would all like to know your future plans for this project, (if not only that your still alive).

Please post something on the boards here; whether your ending the project, continuing, or even if you don't know. We would all like to hear from you.

Thanks again
    mobo $130 ; 150wOpus-$200 ; 256mb pc2700 -$10 ; 120gb HDD 7200-$70 ; Lilliput TS 7"-$265 ; USB LAN-Free AR ; Rikaline 6010 GPS-$34 ; ShuttleXpress-$37
    Total = $746....Carputer = Priceless

does anyone have any news from coyote..?
    mobo $130 ; 150wOpus-$200 ; 256mb pc2700 -$10 ; 120gb HDD 7200-$70 ; Lilliput TS 7"-$265 ; USB LAN-Free AR ; Rikaline 6010 GPS-$34 ; ShuttleXpress-$37
    Total = $746....Carputer = Priceless

Comment

Nope. This was asked couple weeks back too. I asked around on the French speaking forum listed on his site, but they've not heard from him either.
      No one's heard from him since around christmas, but if I remember correctly I'm sure I saw an update to his site couple months back of this year
      In da club....

ALIZEE WANTS YOU.....

(\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(")
      Bunny's first poo
      __ U

Comment

i'd really like to know about this too. he said he was having family issues? how old is coyote? i don't know if i was around when he still posted. i don't think i was.
        CarPC install is starting to come along again...

Comment

Alot of people would like to know this... I don't think posting anything here will help though. Try PM (if it isn't filled up) or email if you have his email (i don't).

If he was looking at this forum i think he would post. So until further notice concider the project on hold.
          -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

I agree. if he were here he'd let us know
            CarPC install is starting to come along again...

Comment

I got this from his public profile.

Originally posted by coyote
              View Profile: coyote
              coyote
              MediaCar Developer/Moderator
              Last Activity: 05-23-2004 05:07 PM

Last Post: coyote
              04-21-2004, 12:58 AM Coyote what's going on?
              http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...250#post192250
              It concerns me that he last posted in april, then came back a month later and did'nt post at all. Now it's been two months since he last visited this forum.

I think our only hope is Headunit, so lets all encourage those guys to keep it going.
              It's the cake having/eating thing.

Comment

Originally posted by more mods
                I think our only hope is Headunit, so lets all encourage those guys to keep it going.
                FrodoPlayer, ME
                My Mazda 3s

My Mazda 3s on Car Domain

[||||||||||||||||||--] (90%)

Comment

Originally posted by vcbb5
                  FrodoPlayer, ME
                  I don't think Frodo is trying to continue MediaCar, but Headunit is! That's why I said it was our last hope for MediaCar. I didn't say it was our last hope for car PC software.

Comment

well headunit really isn't that active. NoPistonPC was hoping someone else would pick it up. Plus he just rewrote the code and used mediacar skins.

vcbb6 was suggesting to use other front ends not that they are picking up where coyote left as that is absolutly impossible right now becasue coyote has not released the source.

I personally am waiting on MMC to mature, I still use mediacar but i am waiting for the new version of frodoplayer before i switch
                    -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

Coyote is 30 years old approximatively...

He have opened his own company 6 months ago, so he have lot of job...

This will help you understand why coyote's not here so many times
                      NS - neocar suite
                      -----------------
                      http://www.neocarmediacenter.com

Comment

more mods, thanks for your support of HeadUnit, but antimatter is right; unless someone else has the time to work on it, progress will be fairly slow since I have very little time outside of grad school to work on it.

We can only assume from netsuo is saying that coyote will probably not be returning anytime soon (if ever) to the forum, so it looks like MediaCar is on its way to the CarPC software retirement home

On the bright side, netsuo's new software looks kick ***! With that, FrodoPlayer, and MMC we are still in pretty good shape.
                        1994 RX-7, EPIA P4-ITX w/ Celeron 2.4 Ghz, Arise PSU, Xenarc 700TSV (new model)

Comment

I have NOT said that coyote will never come again.. but i know he work hard for his company..

By the way, as you said, the future's bright as we have very good softwares here (and also in the french forum..)..
                          My english version is on its way..

If i have anything new about coyote, be sure that i will keep you informed
                          NS - neocar suite
                          -----------------
                          http://www.neocarmediacenter.com

Comment

Originally posted by NoPistonPC
                            more mods, thanks for your support of HeadUnit, but antimatter is right; unless someone else has the time to work on it, progress will be fairly slow since I have very little time outside of grad school to work on it.

We can only assume from netsuo is saying that coyote will probably not be returning anytime soon (if ever) to the forum, so it looks like MediaCar is on its way to the CarPC software retirement home

On the bright side, netsuo's new software looks kick ***! With that, FrodoPlayer, and MMC we are still in pretty good shape.
                            So where are all those people who were looking for an open source project?

Comment

Working...
                            X