Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Media Car not responding... Lilliput problem?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Media Car not responding... Lilliput problem?

Hello all,

I'm glad to say I got my car pc up and running now. It's not in the car yet, but I got my Lilliput and it works just fine, but now I'm getting a strange problem where Media Car will stop responding. Sometimes after using the touchscreen, although I even noticed one time where it was just playing without any interaction.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Media Car, but I'm getting the same problem. It will play for a while, then Media Car will freeze, but the music will keep playing. Ctrl-Alt-Delete closes out Media Car and of course the Winamp is still playing.

Is there some sort of conflict with the drivers on the Lilliput and Media Car? Is there an updated or better version of the Lilliput drivers than what comes on the disk? The only changes that I've done before having this problem was the installation of the Lilliput. I also had to disassembe the whole pc for transport on an aircraft, but it was working fine when I reassembled it before I put in the Lilliput.
    Progress Meter:

[|||||!||||'] 95% complete

It's in... it's finally installed!!!! But never finished!

"It works! It works! I've finally invented something that works!" -- Doctor Emmit Brown

There are better drivers for it, matter of fact the only way I could get mine to work was to use the other drivers for it. Try these drivers: http://www.egalax.com.tw/Download.htm

Comment

**update**

OK, I tried the new drivers and Lilliput still works fine, but MediaCar is still having problems. So I investigated further.

I kept a copy of the MediaCar folder in the program file uninstalled and reinstalled MediaCar. The program ran just fine again after doing this, so I replaced the newly installed copy with the former copy and MediaCar was locking up again. It's locking up immediately upon starting up MediaCar. I only see the "LOADING" screen.

So, I decided to erase the file named 'environment' in MediaCar and started the program again. MediaCar came back to normal.

Now the only other thing I realized that I changed was that I was using the random function. The error always occurs while playing random music.

If anybody has any ideas, I'd really appreciate it. Meanwhile, I'm going to keep investigating.
      Progress Meter:

[|||||!||||'] 95% complete

It's in... it's finally installed!!!! But never finished!

"It works! It works! I've finally invented something that works!" -- Doctor Emmit Brown

Comment

Same thing with me

I keep having the same problem, just out of nowhere, media car stops responding. No I turn off hide mouse, and when it happens I see that I can move the mouse on the touch screen, but the it won't click on anything. Now I existed MC (via keyboard) and clicked on the desktop, and whola, a right click, and it stays in right click mode. Now if I just hibernate, and come back it goes back to normal left click ( in MC the same thing). I have a Lilliput 7" TS and have no IDEA why is this happening. ( it not the tool that comes with screen, I shut it off)? Help

Comment

Working...
        X