Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5.1 ch external usb soundcard causes error in mixer.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5.1 ch external usb soundcard causes error in mixer.

i got one of these external usb sound cards.

i got it on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWN:IT

this card work fine when i use it with WINAMP ( i can change the volume, and mess around with the EQ, everything is fine)

when i launched media car i was gettin errors related to the sound volume being changed.. i went into the settings screen and checked the box that makes media car change the WAVE/AUX/CD levels instead of master volume.. this fixed most problems..

but when i try to get to the mixer screen in media car i get cascading errors! i dont have it near me now (im at work, will post more when i get home) im fine with no mixer but...its problem still

has anyone had this problem???
    hardware: 7"lilli mx440 pci,M10k/160GB/slim-slot DVD-CDRW/Hifonics ZEUS ZX8000,CNX1260,DConnex GPS,Powermate,usb WiFi
    software: XP Home/Media Car/RoadRunner/IGuidance 2.0
    Car: 2002 Ford Focus SVT

that is the error that pops up when i click on Mix in the Music section

anybody have a clue as to what this means and how i can make it go away?

thanx in advance.

Lev
    Attached Files
    hardware: 7"lilli mx440 pci,M10k/160GB/slim-slot DVD-CDRW/Hifonics ZEUS ZX8000,CNX1260,DConnex GPS,Powermate,usb WiFi

Comment

ttt

Comment

I don't have a clue but i would try it with another player to test and see if it is a problem with mediacar or with with the sound card drivers or device.

Remember you get what you pay for
        -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

well i dont think other players give you access to the mixer (equalizer) knowing that media car uses winamp i tried winamp and it worked fine. but what do i know..sound quality and me.. i cant really tell all that bass has killed my ears. i have my amp do all the stuff through adjustable crossovers.

Comment

this is known problem with mediacar...
            i have same soundcard and i have tried 2 more usb soundcard but all same...
            if you try 1.85 it should work thenafter 1.9 not...
            or try windows 2000 it should work with 1.91 as well...
            i think coyote has been working on this isue about usb soundcard
            but he is no longer with us... so...

Originally posted by fasternfaster
            well i dont think other players give you access to the mixer (equalizer) knowing that media car uses winamp i tried winamp and it worked fine. but what do i know..sound quality and me.. i cant really tell all that bass has killed my ears. i have my amp do all the stuff through adjustable crossovers.

Comment

Working...
            X