This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is MediaCar Dead?

Since Coyote will not be around anymore, does this mean no more media car? This is a sad news but anyways, I would like to thank Coyote for his nice work and i wish him all the best.

Sounds like it.
    '02 GTI
    [Routis '04] [Opus 90W] [160GB Maxtor HD]
    [Lilliput 7" TS] [VIA M10000] [XMPCR]
    [512MB RAM] [Custom housing]
    [Deluo GPS Mouse] [E-MU 0404 Soundcard]
    Progress Meter: [==============|] 99.9%

Comment

A month ago there was a post that Coyote will continoue his work but at the moment he is very busy.
      We'll see.

Comment

i'm sure he's very busy at the moment, and plans to continue working on the project when he has the time.

that being said, i hope that if he ever does decide to stop working on Mediacar that he will pass the source code on to another programmer that is willing to take over for him.

Comment

oh well, beggars cant be choosers
          also, i doubt we'll get the source anytime soon, as it is part of a commercial solution
          Mozilla Search Plugin

Comment

I love MediaCar!!! I use it almost daily....I couldn't live without it! Sometimes I use other media programs, but I always come back to the good ol' comfortable MC! My wife even likes it the best...and she's hard to please....hehe
            2001 Isuzu Rodeo CarPC

Comment

I've seen this happen too many times.
              Let's hope the author still wants to help us out from time to time.
              Whatever you do,... Don't beg, Don't *****.

Comment

Originally posted by Diewlay Lowmo
                I've seen this happen too many times.
                Let's hope the author still wants to help us out from time to time.
                Whatever you do,... Don't beg, Don't *****.
                Well, it works just fine for me the way it is now...I just wanted to give him props for a good job. If he wanted to quit tomorrow, he has that right...but maybe if enough people actually thank him, he'll do it out of love! I mean, some developers just hear too much of the "this doesn't work" or "that doesn't do what it's supposed to" or "can you fix this or implement that"....and I would get sick of that too. I use it the way that it is distributed and have no problems thus far. So, thanks again!
                2001 Isuzu Rodeo CarPC

Comment

Hey, Does anyone know if Coyote will be selling a commercial version of the software? Since he hooked up with that company - maybe we can buy it direct? If anyone knows - let me know!
                  2003 Chevy Tahoe Z71
                  STOLEN - M10000, 512MB, 60GB 2.5" HDD, 7" Custom mounted Lilliput, Morex 3688 Case, 90W PSU w/ ITPS, GPS & CD-RW/DVD. New parts ordered for the next generation!

Comment

Hey, Does anyone know if Coyote will be selling a commercial version of the software? Since he hooked up with that company - maybe we can buy it direct? If anyone knows - let me know!
                    2003 Chevy Tahoe Z71
                    STOLEN - M10000, 512MB, 60GB 2.5" HDD, 7" Custom mounted Lilliput, Morex 3688 Case, 90W PSU w/ ITPS, GPS & CD-RW/DVD. New parts ordered for the next generation!

Comment

Maybe he's been snatched up by a company and as part of his contract not allowed to talk on the boards anymore or develop MediaCar? Sureley no-one is too busy to pop on the boards once a week and post?
                      Ford Focus MP3 : www.stevieg.org/carpc Blog Updated 29 January 2009!
                      Car PC Status: Complete - Undergoing Software Redevelopment

Comment

been dead for a while
                        2004 G35 Coupe project

Comment

Since he's licensed it to a hardware company, I'm sure he'll be making more developments
                          In da club....

ALIZEE WANTS YOU.....

(\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(")
                          Bunny's first poo
                          __ U

Comment

Originally posted by Spaghetti
                            Since he's licensed it to a hardware company, I'm sure he'll be making more developments
                            But he hasn't has he - or if he has he hasn't made it available to MP3car users (not that he has any obligation to do so)

I think it's fair to say MediaCar is dead - at least for the Car PC community. Long live Frodoplayer et al...
                            Ford Focus MP3 : www.stevieg.org/carpc Blog Updated 29 January 2009!
                            Car PC Status: Complete - Undergoing Software Redevelopment

Comment

Originally posted by stevieg
                              But he hasn't has he - or if he has he hasn't made it available to MP3car users (not that he has any obligation to do so)

I think it's fair to say MediaCar is dead - at least for the Car PC community. Long live Frodoplayer et al...
                              Well, he says he will, at least that's what the other guy who managed to get in contact with him said. Anyway, any updates will probably be a long time coming considering what all the other (very many) apps are doing....
                              In da club....

ALIZEE WANTS YOU.....

(\__/)
                              (='.'=)
                              (")_(")
                              Bunny's first poo
                              __ U

Comment

Working...
                              X