Have a look at my BoomboxPC Skin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have a look at my BoomboxPC Skin

i just wanted to show you guys the skin i made for my BoomboxPC. 480 x 640 resolution

big thanks to more mods for helping me out with the mapping.

for anyone considering making your own skin, i encourage you to. it can be tedious, but it goes pretty smoothely once you get the hang of it. especially in the absence of software updates, some fresh skins could really make the wait go by alittle faster.

Originally posted by gutterslide
    i just wanted to show you guys the skin i made for my BoomboxPC. 480 x 640 resolution

big thanks to more mods for helping me out with the mapping.

for anyone considering making your own skin, i encourage you to. it can be tedious, but it goes pretty smoothely once you get the hang of it. especially in the absence of software updates, some fresh skins could really make the wait go by alittle faster.
    The Boombox PC is very very cool. I'd seen that somewhere before when perusing PC mods. The MC skin pulls it all together....

Now put it on your shoulder and do the funk-walk down the street. Or better yet, setup your carboard and breakdance.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer
      looking nice.

what about the other screens, like video and dvd etc?
      thanks.

unfortunately, no DVD, no GPS. no Radio, it uses the original boombox tuner. i have a working video player, but it's not finished. i still have to finish the App Launcher, too.

Comment

That has to be the best freakin mod i have ever seen and yes the skin pulls it all together.

Good job bro.
        VWMAN
        "Live Long And Prosper"

car: VW Cabriolet '90
        puter: M10000(toasted), Lilliput, CarNetix

Comment

Wasn't there a story on Fark where someone used this skin ON their boom box PC?

Was that you ??
          Mind Scream out

Comment

yes

Comment

Originally posted by mindscream
              Wasn't there a story on Fark where someone used this skin ON their boom box PC?

Was that you ??
              i didn't know it was on Fark. it's been mentioned on quite a few sites, most notably Gizmodo, Slashdot and Engadget. i also got a spot in BPM Magazine, and a 4-page article in CustomPC (UK).

Comment

Let's say I make a skin, how do I incorporate it into the actual program to make it work? I made this last night, thing is I don't know how to actually make it a working skin.
                Deciding my next ride...

Comment

Originally posted by CoRPS
                  Let's say I make a skin, how do I incorporate it into the actual program to make it work? I made this last night, thing is I don't know how to actually make it a working skin.
                  Good skin

Boys, has nobody still thought about making a skin for Mediacar that control has integrated AC of the conditioned air of the car as interface and even also a small display that the external and inside temperature of the car marks, connected it has one hardware whit Com of PC?

And' an idea, doesn't know if and' possible to invent ....

Comment

Originally posted by CoRPS

any chance or releasing this skin?

thanks
                    Stephane

Comment

makes to know

Bye

Mauri

Comment

Originally posted by mauri
                        Good skin

Boys, has nobody still thought about making a skin for Mediacar that control has integrated AC of the conditioned air of the car as interface and even also a small display that the external and inside temperature of the car marks, connected it has one hardware whit Com of PC?

And' an idea, doesn't know if and' possible to invent ....
                        Am working on it!
                        Co Develper of A.I.M.E.E Automotive Intelligent Multimedia Entertainment Engine
                        www.aimee.cc

Comment

Originally posted by Danceheaven
                          Am working on it!
                          Very beautiful, you make to know the developments.
                          For the interface hardware I see if I find something in proper Internet, I am sure for the discourse temperature that exists, for the AC control we will see whether to in future

Mauri

Comment

Its one link for hardware temperature-project for PC very simple , whit the uP P12C509 and sw for PC .

http://home.t-online.de/home/holger....ts/pthermo.htm
                            one other link ( no uP,very good,2 sensor and windows program)
                            link http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaver...2/pc_therm.htm

Comment

Working...
                            X