Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phidget with relay 0/0/4 external application

Hello guys,

I was wondering, I am really interested in getting this Phidget 0/0/4 usb kit.
    I am looking for someone to dev an external application to control the windows and central locking of the car.

a bit like this:

but it would have to be integrated within MediaCar.

Can this be done, or is it too difficult?
    Phidget has all the software and source availlable on their website.

Regards
    Stephane

It's a pretty easy stand alone app. I dunno about integration with MediaCar.
    Tidder

Try RevFE
    The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

where'd U get a 0/0/4 ? and how much ?

(I'm interested in phidgets, but not for the ~$150 price it would cost to start playing around with them.
      I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.

www.neoterikos.com

Comment

http://www.phidgetsusa.com/catalogue.asp

I think there around $50.
        Installed
        Asus A7N8X-VM - AMD Mobile Athlon 2400
        512 Ram - 60GB HD - Opus 150w
        Lilliput 7" - Rikaline 6010
        [00000000000001100010-] 98% Completed

Check Out My Install!!!

Comment

awesome

($45)

thanx
          I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.

www.neoterikos.com

Comment

Originally posted by Tidder
            It's a pretty easy stand alone app. I dunno about integration with MediaCar.

I am not programmer you see.
            That's why i need some help from someone.

i believe you can integrate apps into mediacar.
            How difficult it would be for you to get something going ?

Comment

Originally posted by pimpJ
              where'd U get a 0/0/4 ? and how much ?

(I'm interested in phidgets, but not for the ~$150 price it would cost to start playing around with them.

Phidget 0/0/4

CDN 60.00

Comment

It would be really easy to get something going. I know very little VB, but there are tons of applications out there that control phidgets, I'm sure there's something along these lines.

I'de love to help, but I really haven't gotten into that phidgets much yet.

www.neoterikos.com

Comment

Just out of curiousity, what do they run on? USB? COM ports? If its on the COM port then it should not be very difficult to do (I wrote a callerID app by parsing COM chatter). I have some skin code in Delphi (my main programming lang.), the only thing I need is to revert to the original position after a click. This would be interesting, I'd just need to figure out how to get the skin to go back to the original bitmap
                  PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                  GammaControl v2.4
                  SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

USB, but phidget makes good use of public APIs and libraries of all sorts. They're well documented if you check out their sites.

www.neoterikos.com

Comment

I think I saw something like this some where here before, I don't rectal what the outcome was. Any way, I was thinking about the same thing but have the control button pressed once to close (or open) the window without having to hold the button down. My dilemma is, how to know that the window closed, I don't like the idea of having the button sending signal to the window for say, 10 sec which is enough to close the window, that would put "load" on the window motor. I think some sort of external sensor would be required, but that will complecate things.

Comment

Originally posted by pimpJ
                        USB, but phidget makes good use of public APIs and libraries of all sorts. They're well documented if you check out their sites.
                        It says its compatable with delphi I'm a bit interested in the accelometer (gforce measure). Unfortunatly I do not know how to implement and control a foreign dll (or any dll)

But it does seem like someone did some delphi examples Now I just need to justify me ordering it....

I'll probably do something like this project when I'm done with NaviVoice.
                        PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                        GammaControl v2.4
                        SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

I downloaded the sourcecode from their site to take a look at.
                          Their API looks very simple to use and they have several example applications.
                          It would be pretty easy (for someone with programming experience) to put together a program that did what you are looking for.

I'd offer to do it myself if I had the phidget.

However, I'm not sure how 4 relays would drive the number of buttons you have on your example?
                          1 for the door locks
                          1 for the trunk
                          Not sure how you were planning on doing the windows? Perhaps two relays per window? (i.e. one for up and one for down?)

Comment

the 0/0/4 is for example, i would take the 8/8/8 or bigger if i have to

Comment

Ahhh.. IC

btw, nice 'stang

Comment

Working...
                              X