Settings change

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Settings change

Hey guys, how do you change the settings of your mediacar? I mean say the DVD player directory changed, how do i go back and edit it without reinstalling the whole thing? I searched already

When you first install, there's a shortcut to "MEDIACAR SETUP" .. if you've lost/deleted the shortcut, you can create a new one to Mediacar.exe then add the parameter SETUP to it... here's what I have here:

"C:\Program Files\MediaCar\MEDIACAR.exe" SETUP
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Originally posted by guino
      When you first install, there's a shortcut to "MEDIACAR SETUP" .. if you've lost/deleted the shortcut, you can create a new one to Mediacar.exe then add the parameter SETUP to it... here's what I have here:

i just swtiched to RR great job! and its practically the same anyways !

Comment

Originally posted by guino

Guino;
        If you can give me a hand i would appreciate it...I dont understand what you mean by add the parameter "Setup". Where does that parameter go? Also, how do you go about adding folders and selecting songs in different folders?
        THanks

Comment

have you tried Road Runner? it is an evolution of mediacar, I dont see why new users should be going to mediacar honestly... it isnt developed anymore, should someone put a sticky on this forum explaining the RR spinoff?
          Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
          Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

Hmmm at the least, I think "someone" should post a link to get more information about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam432823
              Hmmm at the least, I think "someone" should post a link to get more information about it.
              Me thinks 'someone' should read post #2 again
              Laidback

The ultimate CarPC - Wow!

Comment

Or "someone" should go into the Frontends forum and search for a forum by the name of Road Runner... (coincidently they will find info about road runner in that same forum! ehheeheh)

It is really a good frontend! with nearly daily bugfixex and new features!!!!
                Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
                Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

I liked Media Car. I hadn't heard of any new developements on it. Silly me I thought this came outa nowhere and didn't really dawn on me that there was a forum for it.

Also, 2nd post really makes no mention that he wrote the program and that his URL would lead to more information.

I appreciate the feedback, I've already downloaded the app and am going to start poking around in it. Thanks...

My post wasn't so much as a fact finding endeavor. It was to point out that there ins't any "someone" who has to diseminate information to other people. If you know about the product (idea, thing...), then you shouldn't just say that someone else needs to tell you about it. Go ahead and tell us about it. My error was in my assumption that it was not already widely known and documented in this forum.

Comment

Working...
                  X