Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New neocar media center with neocar installer

Here's my new creation.
    It's a full TSK-enhanced setup program for NMC.

You just have to start the EXE, choose language and follow the instructions.

NOTE: this is the same old version, 0.65.

You can download it here:

http://www.neocarmediacenter.com/fil...center_065.exe

Some screenshots:

NS - neocar suite
    -----------------
    http://www.neocarmediacenter.com

Installer is great! Still get the unexpected error tho.... I wonder where it comes from!
    Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
    Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

I get an error in the install..
      Attached Files
      2011 Nissan Frontier SL
      AMD X3 2.2 | M4-ATX | 16Gb SSD | 2GB DDR3-1333 | MSI GF615M-P33 MB
      OBDPROS USB | BU-303 GPS l LILLIPUT TS | Car2PC adapter | XM Direct | USB Dual band N with custom mag-mount antenna.

Comment

does this just work on a epia mobo?
        Best Technique In Life Is Having No Technique

ONE DAY I WILL LEARN HOW TO USE THE COMPUTER THE RIGHT WAY.

Comment

nope... worked on a P4 2ghz
          Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4

Comment

Originally posted by RoyN
            Installer is great! Still get the unexpected error tho.... I wonder where it comes from!
            Crap, I was hoping this would be fixed. No need to try the new installer.
            AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
            Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
            Installed.

-GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
            -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

Comment

As soon as I get some time, i'm gonna try and debug this... I wonder what tools are available to check dependencie within windows.... i'm gonna search around.
              Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4

Comment

cool if you find some application that check dependencies, i'm searching hardly to debug the "unexpected error" but i can't figure out what's happening

i will check error on NI.exe later..
                NS - neocar suite
                -----------------

Comment

I've found a possible problem with WinXP Home. If you have WinXP home, i need feedback with use of neocar installer on it...
                  NS - neocar suite
                  -----------------

Comment

The person on this page seems to have a similar problem... http://www.eggheadcafe.com/ng/micros...post719433.asp it appears to be VB related (some dll that vb requires that is not on the machine)... are you using vb? it also mentions vc,so maybe that has something to do...

I'm trying to get this working....lets see if i get somewhere
                    Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4

Comment

Hmm... Try this info...

Code:
                      What is "Unexpected error" or "Error 50003"?
                      Usually the result of a different version of an OCX on which your application depends being registered since you installed it, ie. if your app uses Acme's OCX release 2, and the user installs another app that replaces this OCX with release 1 (on Windows won't stop them), your application will stop working, and problably complain with Err 50003. This usually occurs with Microsoft's common controls (the enhanced widgets that came with Win9x, the standard dialog boxes like OpenFile, etc.) FYI, Microsoft have issued different, sometimes incompatible, versions of comctl32.ocx, comdlg32.ocx, comct232.ocx, and comct332.ocx, without changing their GUID.

Note that some OCXs themselves require other components to work, so simply copying a given OCX from your \\system32 onto another computer won't do much good. Also, not all OCX providers enforce binary compatibility, effectively breaking any app that were compiled to work with a previous version of said OCX. If you want to investigate, Squealer looks interesting.

Another utility is Regmon from System Internals which is a tool for monitoring accesses to the registry. Use Regmon to capture all registry access when the application is run, up to the point where the error is produced. Look for where an ‘OpenKey’ request fails. Experience has indicated that the following are significant: 

HKCR\\CLSID\\NN..NN\\InprocServer32

HKCR\\TypeLib\\NN..NN

For each of these ‘NN..NN’ indicates the class sid of a missing COM object. On a machine where this COM object is available (possibly contact the original developer of the COM object) locate this class sid in the registry, this will reveal the full pathname of the missing item. Obtain a copy and use regsvr32 to register it.

Yet another way to check which OCX is causing this issue is to build a dummy project that only contains references to all the OCX you need, and use this kind of code to see if you can recreate the error:

Set myVar=New ActiveXType 
                      Or 
                      Set myVar=CreateObject(ActiveXType)
                      Squealer (addisonsw.com) is commercial, and looks to be the easiest one to diagnose the problem... the other program gave me the following log upto the time of the unexpected error.....
                      Attached Files
                      Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4

Comment

There is a program out there called dependency walker, it's freeware and works pretty well:

http://www.dependencywalker.com/

Comment

Hmm dependencywalker is very useful!

It gave me an error on msjava.dll, which I then downloaded and registered, and now it is giving me an error related to mpr.dll.... I have this dll, however I always get an error when I try registering the dll... I wonder whats up... anyone else have ideas?
                          Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4

Comment

i'm using VB6.

But i cant (even with dependencywalker) figure out what's this file causing errors.

Please check out if you have MSxml version 2 installed, it's not in setup program, but its needed. I'm thinking that msxml version 2 is by default on every machine but it can be false.
                            NS - neocar suite
                            -----------------

Comment

after checking again, it seems that NMC is using msxml3, not msxml2.

RoyN have you MSN ? It will be better to make some tests.
                              NS - neocar suite
                              -----------------

Comment

Working...
                              X