No announcement yet.

[POLL] AVS in neocar media center

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [POLL] AVS in neocar media center

I have a problem with current version of NMC: Winamp's AVS.

I've detected that when i do not load Winamp's AVS in NMC, all is LOT more stable. The reason is that i'm not lauching Winamp to make AVS work, but i only send the sound infos to AVS via winamp.dll (a custom user made DLL that is NOT my creation).
    This link between winamp.dll and AVS is ****. And i can't find any other option to work with AVS without Winamp installed.

And i'm sure: Winamp will NEVER required for NMC to work.

So.. i've tried to find another good visualisation system to embed in NMC, but i have'nt found anything. I cannot use other Winamp Vis in order that this will be "****" as the actual solution (can't get ride of winamp.dll's use).

I'm asking me: does i need to keep AVS option or can i get ride of this, and make another basic visualization (like oscilloscope or spectrum).

I need your opinion. For me AVS is not critical but for you ?
    NS - neocar suite

For me AVS is critical for cool factor

For me Oscillscope or spectrum will do. I'm 41 of age and AVS is cool (my daughter and wife like it also), but if it compromises stability I prefer stability. My original thought was using it for GPS and MP3 because a PDA sucks. I'm a lot on the road for repairing pc's, so this was the main target. While driving, your eyes aren't that much focussed on the screen ...
      Car : Hyundai Tucson
      Carpc :
      Lilliput 7" touchscreen indash 90% done
      PSU : M2-ATX
      Epia M10K /512DDR/80GB Maxtor
      Software : Windows XP Pro 100% done
      RR with DigitalFX skin
      In car : 80% done

If it comes to stability. My opinion is to get rid of the VIS. No need for it on the road anyway.
        The road is long but we are getting there.

Same here (apart from the 41 )!

Visualisation is only needed when showing off the car, which could be done by an external application.

Stability is a must for me! I want to ditch any standard windows applications (windows explorer, any config software etc...) so I cannot have fatal errors exiting NMC

Maybe an option to disable the AVS ?
          List of front-ends/usefull apps
          XTroniC | XTroniC Direct

supress the AVS control in NSW and it will not load
            NS - neocar suite

But will it be stable then?

If so, leave it the way it is and bring out 2 skins
              List of front-ends/usefull apps
              XTroniC | XTroniC Direct

while you not add the AVS control, winamp.dll is not loading..

NS - neocar suite

I hate the AVS

So I say chuck it
                  2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Sedan (Sold)
                  2007 Scion tC
         Online Tracker

Before I vote, I'd like to say THIS VERSION ROCKS DUDE! Frankly I've been following your NMC for quite some time now (since carmedia) and I was disappointed. But I am really liking this release. So much better than past releases.

As for the poll, I'd say get rid of the viz on the audio skin. I find it ugly. Maybe something small and unintrusive like this perhaps:
                    But please have a button for fullscreen viz.

BTW how do I make the album art to appear?
                    Brushed Metal Skin
                    MIA at the moment
                    [please email me instead of pm]

Lots of thanks

The button for the fullvis is created in 2 secs LOL For the AVS, i will think a little more (1 or 2 days) and then make the changes i've decided. Anyway: CHECK OUT THE FORUM IN FEW MINUTES.

album art is easy: place a preview.jpg file in the album's folder. You can also place a "description.txt" or simply use neocar manager under "audio options > album managment" and just select the folder and click "Search"
                      NS - neocar suite

I disagree, AVS is a big factor taht taking the carputer systems apart from anything that is on the market. Many players display names out there...avs is something that only the power of a computer can support!
                        I just love it, it make the techonology look very new age.
                        just an opinion, I am very "passionate" about the stability of a program...we cant technology the has "blue screens" every other day lol
                        but i love the skin neo...its really really nice...
                        I tried creating one similar for frodo...but never finished:
                        DICE Los Angeles

No need to finish the skin!

I cant think of any feature that is around that NMC doesnt handle some way!

NMC RULESSS!

2005 Range Rover 4.4
                          Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

No, don't get rid of the AVS. Otherwise, Couchepin will have us work until the age of 90 <private joke>.

Seriously, I hate the all AVS in car systems, I think it looks a bit "Pimp my ride". Absolutely no offense meant to those who like it, though

I am happy to use your GREAT skin editor and get rid of it.

nmc does rule but it's very buggy so drop the VIS. Can't you use Windows Meida player 9 or 10's vis?