Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions?

Been busy lately. Just got a new project

Anyways, do you think this looks realistic?
    Attached Files
    Brushed Metal Skin
    http://www.geocities.com/febsperanza]
    MIA at the moment
    [please email me instead of pm]

Another one
    Attached Files
    Brushed Metal Skin
    MIA at the moment

Comment

Damn you did it again. This [email protected] rocks. One request though, remove the glare from the first screen you posted and make the colors a little more vibrant. Some of us get enough glare from our screens as it is.
      Otherwise I have no advice that you could use, YOU [email protected]' ROCK
      You can still have something if you have nothing

Comment

the first one f#ckin rocks man!!! (what about something like that to frodo? )
        Virando costas ao mundo
        Orgulhosamente sós
        Glória antiga, volta a nós!

Comment

I love the first one its awesome. The second one I'm not sure about. For me i'm not big on carpc's looking like traditional cd players
          Now they wanna ban toy guns...AND KEEP THE *****ING REAL ONES?!?!?!?!!!

Comment

Looking hot man. I dig the glare in the first one, looks really nice. I don't know if it'd work well in a car, cuz i get enough glare from my TS. Either way though, looks awesome.
            My Carputer! (More Car Pics at the end)
            2 Kicker Comp 10"
            Epia M-9000, 256 MB DDR, 120 Gig HD
            Lilliput 7" VGA Touchscreen
            Check it out?!

Comment

1. Tone down the gloss/glare... CHECK!
              Brushed Metal Skin
              MIA at the moment

Comment

leav it dude its perfect.

Comment

Yes tone down the glare on the first.

Looking at your work I now really dont want to look at my GUI, I'm more of a programmer than artist... This really is beautiful work.

When I design my GUI's for touch screens I keep in mind that thier probably going to be in a car and using them while driving so the bigger the button the better.

I wonder how the second interface (the Headunit) will be while driving. Will those buttons be hard to push ? Will the user accidently hit stop instead of next ?

This is just constructive critism though, while I cant know how much time you've spent on these I do know that you worked hard and long (because my GUI's don't look like this and I've spent hours and hours!)
                  Progress [I will seriously never be done!]
                  Via EPIA MII
                  512MB RAM
                  OEM GPS (embedded)
                  nLite WinXP pro on
                  1GB Extreme III CF card
                  Carnetix 1260 startup/ DC-DC regulator
                  Software: Still, re-Writing my existing front end in .Net

Comment

@Feb: your skin is just fantastic (as i said before) but i think yellow was a cool color too. Perhaps try to change te bottom button's style on the main (lookin' like your others skins, i think this skin needs a own style
                    NS - neocar suite
                    -----------------
                    http://www.neocarmediacenter.com

Comment

Nice,

Febs, can I suggest/ask that when you finally release some/all of the skins you've been working on (This goes to other skin artists too), can you include some additional buttons that we can use or not use (by renaming) to fit each user?

For example:

Include GPS Button, Radio Button, OBDII Button, Camera Button, Blank Button (to add text)...

I understand this might be a bit tricky to do because some skins have different layouts and buttons arent interchangeable, but I'm sure you can find a way! That was some users can customize the skin better (Like I have OBDII but no FM, etc,etc)
                      Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
                      Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

Hehe, man you are going to get paid if we have this for FP
                        DICE Los Angeles
                        ]

Comment

This looks awesome, keep up the good work.

Btw: I also think you should tone down the glare just a bit.
                          Installed
                          Asus A7N8X-VM - AMD Mobile Athlon 2400
                          512 Ram - 60GB HD - Opus 150w
                          Lilliput 7" - Rikaline 6010
                          [00000000000001100010-] 98% Completed

Check Out My Install!!!

Comment

I think it looks really slick. However I feel that some of the buttons in the second one are too small. (Viz, file list, video, etc) I would rather sacrifice some aesthetics of the skin for easy to push big buttons, cuz that's less time that I have to take my eyes off the road to find it!

Feb I am currently using your brushed metal for Media Car and its great. Button layout is very logical and I can zip through the interface very quickly. Sometimes i feel as though some of those buttons could be larger as well. But it may be because i am an uncoordinated bastard with unusually large digits......and members......

Comment

Originally posted by IntellaWorks
                              I wonder how the second interface (the Headunit) will be while driving. Will those buttons be hard to push ? Will the user accidently hit stop instead of next ?
                              Indeed it looks kinda smallish. But in fact I put quite a large wrap around it (including the text underneath the buttons), so when I tried this on my Lilli, I didn't find it that difficult. But of course, it would, if you have unusually large fingers like Sick-B0y

Originally posted by netsuo
                              Perhaps try to change te bottom button's style on the main (lookin' like your others skins, i think this skin needs a own style
                              I'm going to release this as the day skin, and the yellow one as night skin *cross fingers*

Originally posted by RoyN
                              Febs, can I suggest/ask that when you finally release some/all of the skins you've been working on (This goes to other skin artists too), can you include some additional buttons that we can use or not use (by renaming) to fit each user?
                              Dunno how to do this maybe someone can let me know?

I am currently using your brushed metal for Media Car and its great. Button layout is very logical and I can zip through the interface very quickly.
                              Don't worry, I guess I will *have to* do the brushed metal skin as well, since my wife is also hammering me to do one

Originally posted by yunusyu
                              Hehe, man you are going to get paid if we have this for FP
                              How much?
                              Brushed Metal Skin
                              MIA at the moment

Comment

Working...
                              X