NCS - neocarscript - discussions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCS - neocarscript - discussions

Here's the thread where you can talk about the new scripting system. I will answer to all your questions, and then i'll take theses Q/A to make a little FAQ.

I think the system is allready very powerful, but some function can be missing, so you can request at any script function and i will see how i can do it
    NS - neocar suite
    -----------------
    http://www.neocarmediacenter.com

i'll make a script right now

I just got back from cleaning my car for mazda (at 10pm lol)
    CarPC Status:
    GPS: 99%
    Hardware: 99%
    Software: 92%
    Case Install: 99.9%
    Dash Install: 100%
    Car Install: 72%

Comment

Ok i lied lol i've gotta sleep but im bit confused how i get a script to run?

where do i add it to a button click or a launch of the module?
      CarPC Status:

Comment

take a look in other_scripts.zip in install folder (just extract to scripts subfolder). You'll find a custom button action example.
        You just have to place it in scripts folder (or any subfolder) and call the "SCRIPTS_FUNCTION" action in your button's action in NPC.
        NS - neocar suite
        -----------------

Comment

I've got a question

Is it possible to get info outside NMC?

was thinking of making a script to mute or turn the volume down for 3 seconds when destinator says a vocal direction

would be handy for GPS guys who are use to this feature in RR/Frodo etc
          CarPC Status:

Comment

i wil very soon attempt to port my tracker to NCS! for that I will need however, to obtain GPS info from FreeDrive...

so when u add freedrive, if you can add a way for us to obtain lat, lon, speed, etc from FD it would be great! '

(FYI, my tracker is a small application I had made that inerfaced with MM and sent my location through a PHP script that logged it on a server and I could see a realtime (or not) tracking of my movements at any time)
            Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
            Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

For now you can't get infos outside NMC, but for the 0.7 Final i'll add a function to request SDK calls trough NCS. So you'll be able to call any other application from the scripts
              NS - neocar suite
              -----------------

Comment

Netsuo can I have some more examples? I'm getting NMC crashes all the time with Error 1025 Expected End of Statement...

Code:
                'INFORMATIONS
                '/////////////
                NAME=Example custom ACTION for buttons
                AUTHOR=netsuo
                DATE=2005.04.19 08:15:00
                DESCRIPTION=Purpose of this test is to show you how you can make a custom action for you buttons
                EXECUTE=FUNCTION:BUTTON_TEST
                '->
                '	FUNCTION:XXX		: XXX is your function's name. While setting this, never executed 

but added to the actions list. You can then access this function using buttons actions in 

skin.xml (Example: <ACTION>SCRIPTS_FUNCTION;your_function_name</ACTION>)
                '	NMC_START			: executed while starting NMC, after loading skin and 

config
                '	NMC_CLOSE			: executed while stopping NMC
                '	MODULE_START:XXX	: executed on start of desired module (where XXX is one of the 

following: ALL/APPLICATIONS/VIDEO/AUDIO/PHOTOS/FILELIST/MAIN)
                '	MODULE_CLOSE:XXX	: executed on start of desired module (where XXX is one of the 

following: ALL/APPLICATIONS/VIDEO/AUDIO/PHOTOS/FILELIST/MAIN)
                '	TRACK_START:XXX		: executed when track starts playing (where XXX is one of the 

following: APPLICATIONS/VIDEO/AUDIO/PHOTOS)
                '	TRACK_END:XXX		: excuted when track ends (where XXX is one of the following: 

APPLICATIONS/VIDEO/AUDIO)
                '	TIMER				: executed in a timer with "100" msec interval
                '////////
                '	IMPORTANT NOTE		: you can combine EXECUTE events by adding a "|" seperator. 

Example: MODULE_CLOSE:AUDIO|MODULE_START:AUDIO

'START CUSTOM SCRIPT
                '///////////////////
                '-> here between "START" and "END" you can enter any VBScript code. (see NCS reference for 

objects available)

NCS_START

for i = 1 to 10
                	i = i + 1
                	next i
                	MsgBox i

NCS_END
                Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4

Comment

!!! Remember !!!

Its VBSCRIPT: "next i" IS NOT supported. But "next" alone, yes.

For i = 0 To 10
                  i = i+1
                  Next

And that's all.. Visual Basic <> VBScript
                  NS - neocar suite
                  -----------------

Comment

damn..... thats what i was fearing...

(not for this next, of course but for other bigger incompatibilities when trying to make scripts)

other question, if I do "Dim My varCounter" in a TIMER NCS, will it be erased at each time the timer is run, or will it remain counting (say if I am incrementing this variable to do an action only every 10 seconds)
                    Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4

Comment

NMC.SetVariable("variable_name","variable_value") is made for you then

I can pass trough all VBScripts problems by making custom functions for you... like "setvariable".. i will do the same for other things like generating a form.. but.. i need time

EDIT: ALL functions available are in the reference..
                      NS - neocar suite
                      -----------------

Comment

Take a look at example timer script, i set a variable at track start then reuse it in timer, then remove it at track end
                        NS - neocar suite
                        -----------------

Comment

if you can make a way of accessing MSComm object, and a way of making forms u can have a whole phoco plugin made in NCS!

but I dont know if this would be practical, or easier than making it in VB... ehhee cool idea anyways....

but I like the idea of being able in future to have skin screens that we define, and have our own buttons making our own actions...with labels set by out buttons... it will be cool!
                          Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4

Comment

This idea is in my mind from the first time i was thinking at NCS

With Beta2 i've prepared NMC's code architecture to do this.. so expect a version with this feature soon.

Skinning system is ready to support custom modules, i just need to do a function that create a form (not so difficult), but before, i want to embed FreeDrive.

All you say is theorically possible, but just not coded
                            NS - neocar suite
                            -----------------

Comment

cool but the freedrive is going to be embedded in its own form/skin right? with its own buttons?

For the future can we have external apps forms configurable per app? and then have a type of button that "sendkeys" to the app inside it? (More than one "external_app" form, one for each app, with buttons specific to that APP that can do "SendKeys") OK, ok I'm getting tons of ideas! LOL better stop! dont flame me!

This NMC is kick-***!
                              Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4

Comment

Working...
                              X