Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

?!?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ?!?

    So with a new Netsuo's initiative:
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...threadid=35664
    I have decided to give NMC another try just in case I like it and eventually let it grow by donation...
    About a year ago I did not even manage to install it since installer complained about missing dll file of unknown origin (supposedly to be fixed by now...). Well, not much has changed since that time....
    Attached Files

  • #2
    your the first to report this error.

    What's the OS you're using ? I think this is the problem.
    NS - neocar suite
    -----------------
    http://www.neocarmediacenter.com

    Comment


    • #3
      Hello LagunaICE...

      What do donations have to do with installing the software??? This isnt paid software where you have to remember the author that you actually paid for something... No use linking a donate thread to emphasize you have a problem.... You are helped here by the author first-hand and other users...

      as for your problem, you state absolutely no details so it is near impossible to help you... Is your aim to find a solution or merely state that donations are accepted and you arent even able to install the software?

      Anyways, I have managed to run NMC on about 7 computers... (Some at school, my laptop, carpc, other carpc, home computer, home htpc, etc), so I can tell you it works fine with Windows XP (SP1, SP2, MCE, Tablet Edition) as a general rule... however unless you give details about your system and other clues it wont be possible to help you out bud

      As for giving it another try, I think you should... NMC has (imho) the best filebrowsing architecture of all frontends (playlist+open browsing of all directories) something that no other frontend has... it also has scripting which is unique and other features even...
      Roy

      2005 Range Rover 4.4
      Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by RoyN
        Hello LagunaICE...

        What do donations have to do with installing the software???
        Nothing. Did I say it should? I said I found that message I reffer to so I decided to try it again and in case I realize its mature enough and I like it I might send some money to author. Anything unclear yet?
        Originally posted by RoyN
        This isnt paid software where you have to remember the author that you actually paid for something... No use linking a donate thread to emphasize you have a problem.... You are helped here by the author first-hand and other users...
        ????
        Originally posted by RoyN
        as for your problem, you state absolutely no details so it is near impossible to help you... Is your aim to find a solution or merely state that donations are accepted and you arent even able to install the software?
        Yeah... maybe I was about to say that NMC is not mature enough afterall.
        Originally posted by RoyN
        Anyways, I have managed to run NMC on about 7 computers... (Some at school, my laptop, carpc, other carpc, home computer, home htpc, etc), so I can tell you it works fine with Windows XP (SP1, SP2, MCE, Tablet Edition) as a general rule... however unless you give details about your system and other clues it wont be possible to help you out bud
        Glad to hear it. Of course the problem can be very isolated to my desktop.
        Originally posted by RoyN
        As for giving it another try, I think you should... NMC has (imho) the best filebrowsing architecture of all frontends (playlist+open browsing of all directories) something that no other frontend has... it also has scripting which is unique and other features even...
        I think I will, but probably again in next few month...

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by netsuo
          your the first to report this error.

          What's the OS you're using ? I think this is the problem.
          Hi,
          sure its probably the OS of my desktop - W2K w. SP4 + the usual goodies - DX9.0b + WMP9

          Comment


          • #6
            Why dont you just tell us your system specs and any other particularities so we can try to help you get running right now??? Chances are if you have a problem and it doesnt ge fixed now it still might not be fixed when you try again...

            NMC 0.7 Final will be coming out in the next few weeks if I understand and will packa huge punch, so now is as good a time as ever to get this problem ironed out!
            Roy

            2005 Range Rover 4.4
            Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

            Comment


            • #7
              I dont know at all if NMC is working under win2k. I have'nt tested any time on win2000.
              NS - neocar suite
              -----------------
              http://www.neocarmediacenter.com

              Comment


              • #8
                I have NMC in my win2k pc and it works fine

                i have xp onmy carpc but i use nmc on my home pc which is w2k so it works.

                the problem is his pc im guessing he is either missing something or something wasn't installed properly and a file or registry is bad/missing
                CarPC Status:
                GPS: 99%
                Hardware: 99%
                Software: 92%
                Case Install: 99.9%
                Dash Install: 100%
                Car Install: 72%

                Comment


                • #9
                  Playing with W2K SP4 on my desk, XP Home SP1 and SP2 already tested on my laptop. No problems at all concerning unregistered dll's ...
                  To solve the problem, you could install NMC without antivirus/firewall/etc enabled ? Maybe on a fresh install, so you can take out a lot of potential problems ...
                  Car : Hyundai Tucson
                  Carpc :
                  Lilliput 7" touchscreen indash 90% done
                  PSU : M2-ATX
                  Epia M10K /512DDR/80GB Maxtor
                  Software : Windows XP Pro 100% done
                  RR with DigitalFX skin
                  In car : 80% done

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The file in his error is installed by NMC and not available on a standart windows install, so i really don't know why the file is'nt installing properly...
                    NS - neocar suite
                    -----------------
                    http://www.neocarmediacenter.com

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Could be a proggy that is blocking spyware ... although that is unlikely, but one never knows.
                      Car : Hyundai Tucson
                      Carpc :
                      Lilliput 7" touchscreen indash 90% done
                      PSU : M2-ATX
                      Epia M10K /512DDR/80GB Maxtor
                      Software : Windows XP Pro 100% done
                      RR with DigitalFX skin
                      In car : 80% done

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by gyro
                        Could be a proggy that is blocking spyware ... although that is unlikely, but one never knows.
                        Actually not very unlikely. It may very well be security software that isn't allowing nmc to fully install itself.

                        Oh, bytheway, thanks Laguna for the descriptive thread title so everyone can waste their time by clicking on it.
                        AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
                        Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
                        Installed.


                        -GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
                        -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          And the DLL not correctly installed is a "pipe" DLL to redirect DOS messages to VB (used in interfacing NSIS installer DOS compiler). Maybe antispywares don't like it..
                          NS - neocar suite
                          -----------------
                          http://www.neocarmediacenter.com

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Well we can't do much till he responds with more info like if he's running any spyware security programs etc.

                            I think that would be his problem with it he just has to disable it while he installs NMC then re-enable it.

                            NMC should run fine once installed properly
                            CarPC Status:
                            GPS: 99%
                            Hardware: 99%
                            Software: 92%
                            Case Install: 99.9%
                            Dash Install: 100%
                            Car Install: 72%

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by xBrady
                              Oh, bytheway, thanks Laguna for the descriptive thread title so everyone can waste their time by clicking on it.
                              Welcome

                              No really, sorry for that.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X