Preview: NMC Hardware Control

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preview: NMC Hardware Control

Here's a preview of my current work for my own carPC: a hardware control module.

Images a better than words, here's a video showing my Velleman K8055 USB Interface card in NMC.
    Im using ONLY neocarscript to manage the custom module you will see in the video.

http://www.danstagueule.ch/forumStuf...re_control.avi

NS - neocar suite
    -----------------
    http://www.neocarmediacenter.com

that's awesome! you´re crazy man!

that is everything which was still missing in my car!
    Will it be possible to access the interface with own script functions?
    sure I think! but you have to give us code samples about using the DLL with NCS..!

Comment

I will give all my work about this thing

All will be possible. For now, my first NCS is to show actual values of IN/OUTs of the card.
      Another one is starting amplifier at audio start, and dislabing it at NMC close.

I will do a "temperature" regulator starting fans upon CPU or mainboard overheating.

Everything is possible with NCS. The "hardware control" module is a custom module created with NPC and managed ONLY with NCS.

With next version you will be able to create any module you want, as in this video
      NS - neocar suite
      -----------------

Comment

ohhhh im gonna have fun with this

so many ideas i have must find time to make them but this is a great feature it's more feature packed that almost all frontends now

Sorry to go offtopic but how's the FD Module going? and how soon till we get to test the new nmc
        CarPC Status:
        GPS: 99%
        Hardware: 99%
        Software: 92%
        Case Install: 99.9%
        Dash Install: 100%
        Car Install: 72%

Comment

As soon as i finished it

Seriously, i don't know. I'm developping as i can, slowly. I'm more interested on doing my own carPC these days..
          NS - neocar suite
          -----------------

Comment

I saw a phone icon, does that mean you are going to integrate mobiles too ?

Think I'm gonna buy a Velleman kit too, but first have to learn to program a bit I suppose.

Veeery nice done.
            Car : Hyundai Tucson
            Carpc :
            Lilliput 7" touchscreen indash 90% done
            PSU : M2-ATX
            Epia M10K /512DDR/80GB Maxtor
            Software : Windows XP Pro 100% done
            RR with DigitalFX skin
            In car : 80% done

Comment

Could each of these buttons launch a exe?

No trying to embed it just launching a EXE file.

If so then alot of hardware devices and other things could be used if u create a batch file or whatever and have it run in the background then close itself.

Altho the only issue i have with nmc is the video playback i know thats being fixed but everything else is running smoothly altho im still working on my external webcam app to record into a divx file while driving (sitting on the dash right now)

i've got it working but it's using windows dialogs when you save the divx file so im trying to bypass that but for now it works.
              CarPC Status:

Comment

FOr the 13783 time: ALL IS IN NCS IN THIS MODULE. So all can be made..
                NS - neocar suite
                -----------------

Comment

oh yeah sorry my brain is fried with this webcam thing

I get you now

For anyone who doesn't know NCS is scripts which uses VB Script/ WSH Scripts so it can launch exe etc.

It can do quite a bit but it is a scripting language so it is limited.
                  CarPC Status:

Comment

@NiN^_^NiN
                    you could already start or close easily an exe or a batch file in the background with NCS..

with something like:
                    Code:
                    Set WSHShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell") 
                    WSHShell.Run """'C:\Program Files\app\app.exe"""

Comment

oh yeah sorry my brain is fried with this webcam thing

have you taken a look at sourceforge.net...? there are many interesting projects about capturing webcam source...

I have done this with java/jmf .. works fine.. but hard to setup..

Comment

actually i've just got it all working and with a NMC skin

Only problem is i can't set the compression

have to use the windows dialog to use divx otherwise it's raw video and thats just HUGE

Least there is a 3bg limit on the file tho.

I'll release a demo soon for ppl to test in NMC or standalone
                        CarPC Status:

Comment

yeah and therefore I suggest you, to use 'VLC media player'!
                          You can make everything with that tool..

e.g. starting your webcam source through 'vlc command line options' as an external application in NMC.. hope netsuo will fix that cmd bug

a command like:
                          c:\vlc.exe dshow:// :dshow-vdev="PC Camera (6005 CIF)" :dshow-adev="Intel(r) integriertes Audio" :no-dshow-size="320x240" :dshow-config :no-dshow-tuner
                          note:the 'PC Camera (6005 CIF)' is the WDM driver name of my Webcam
                          looks like:

or you can simply start-transcoding/close vlc in background with NCS with every available decoder and bitrate on your machine, to capture the output in a file.. with options like:
                          c:\vlc.exe dshow:// :dshow-vdev="PC Camera (6005 CIF)" :dshow-adev="Intel(r) integriertes Audio" :dshow-size="320x240" :dshow-config :no-dshow-tuner :sout=#transcode{vcodec=mp4v,vb=1024,scale=1,acode c=mpga,ab=192,channels=2}:duplicate{dst=std{access =file,mux=ts,url="C:\output.mpg"}}
                          vlc is very simple and have guis to create that code above.

@netsuo, sorry to gone offtopic too but its kind a 'hardware control' too

Comment

Video ??

Hi!

What codec did you use to make the video? I only get audio, no video.

Why not make a WindowsMedia file, it's smaler and needs no special codecs to play. http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...r/default.aspx

Comment

No problems on offtopic !!

I'm very happy with your tests on NCS !! Give me mooooore

EDIT: i forgot to say that hardware control is up and running in my car
                              NS - neocar suite
                              -----------------

Comment

Working...
                              X