Two soundcards??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two soundcards??

Hi, I have two sound cards(USB Audigy2 and on bord VIA soud). I would like to use VIA on board line-in for sound from Terratec Cinergy 600TV(radio+tv), and for output I would like to use Audigy.

Is this possible to do with curent version? If not when it will be?

Thanks,
    Bojan

just go into the sounds and multimedia section in control pannel and set the audigy as prefered device for sound playback and the via onboard audio as the prefered recording device.
    CarPC Status:
    GPS: 99%
    Hardware: 99%
    Software: 92%
    Case Install: 99.9%
    Dash Install: 100%
    Car Install: 72%

Comment

I'm not sure that the VIA mobo BIOS allows the onboard soundcard to function whilst there is an additional PCI board installed. I might be wrong, but if it is possible then I'm very interested to know how...
      FociMan

Ford Focus Collection
      EPIA M10K / 512Kb / Creative Audigy NX USB
      8" touchscreen
      D-Link USB Radio
      USB GPS Mouse
      Bluetooth GPRS Web Connection
      Centrafuse Beta2 / MapMonkey

Comment

Originally posted by FociMan
        I'm not sure that the VIA mobo BIOS allows the onboard soundcard to function whilst there is an additional PCI board installed. I might be wrong, but if it is possible then I'm very interested to know how...
        Unless that is something specific to the VIA MB's, you can have multiple Sound Cards in your system.

As said before, just go to the Start, Settings, control panel, Sounds and Audio Devices. Then make the changes on the AUdio, Voice, and Hardware Tabs. That is exactly what I did, and it works fine.

Michael
        ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

I think it is an EPIA mobo quirk. I'm going to double check ASAP, but I was defo under the impression that the onboard audio is disabled automatically if there is an add-in soundcard present. I hope I'm wrong because it would solve my radio reciever problem...
          FociMan

Ford Focus Collection
          EPIA M10K / 512Kb / Creative Audigy NX USB
          8" touchscreen
          D-Link USB Radio
          USB GPS Mouse
          Bluetooth GPRS Web Connection
          Centrafuse Beta2 / MapMonkey

Comment

Add a USB-soundcard then

I'm interested to know if the audigy 2 NX (USB) can do virtual surround (aex/dts) on audio coming in on the via line-in, as it can't when using the line-in on the card itself (only going in-out the pre-amp and mixer I guess)...
            List of front-ends/usefull apps
            XTroniC | XTroniC Direct

Comment

well i got a mini ITX but it's using a usb soundcard so that doesn't help you.

But ti cost me $40 for the usb soundcard and it's actually good quality altho i hacked it apart as it was orignally usb speakers but it works great
              CarPC Status:
              GPS: 99%
              Hardware: 99%
              Software: 92%
              Case Install: 99.9%
              Dash Install: 100%
              Car Install: 72%

Comment

I was thinking something like this would make a good NAV TTS/CellPhone soundcard:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...783511561&rd=1

Comment

Working...
                X