Official Bug reports.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Bug reports.

Put only the bugs here, I will make a new thread for each when I handle it or when it is solved.

Thanks
    06 Volvo XC90
    Use to have installed MII 10000/512Mb/40GB, Lilliput 7", OPUS 90W, Wifi-G PCMCIA, Head Unit Aux adapter, Delorme GPS, XM PCR, Audigy NX, RR
    Car PC downloads: http://carpc.harteveldt.com/

if one adds, or remove a destination with the right mouse button, the program DASH-PC stops. Now i can it terminate only with ctrl/alt/del over the task manager.
    Without keyboard, that is rather difficult

Regards
    Oliver
    Regards
    Oliver

http://picasso.zoffi.net

Comment

@zoffi as of now entering the destination from the right click is disabled due to some other problem . Once I figure that out . I will take care of this one too
      VOICES Status : Rework in Progress [||--------](20%)
      Preview Version at http://voices.techworldonline.com

Comment

While testing a route with a large detour, it keeps on re-routing constantly, with the voice guidance getting way behind. This is with 0.5 re-route distance, but after the initial 0.5 miles it keeps on doing it repeated as you move further off course.

On a large detour this resulted in a crash - this is the error message that appeared:

'The instruction at "0x525825ff" referenced memory at "0x525825ff". The memory could not by "read".'
        Ford Focus MP3 : www.stevieg.org/carpc Blog Updated 29 January 2009!
        Car PC Status: Complete - Undergoing Software Redevelopment

Comment

Originally posted by stevieg
          While testing a route with a large detour, it keeps on re-routing constantly, with the voice guidance getting way behind. This is with 0.5 re-route distance, but after the initial 0.5 miles it keeps on doing it repeated as you move further off course.

On a large detour this resulted in a crash - this is the error message that appeared:

'The instruction at "0x525825ff" referenced memory at "0x525825ff". The memory could not by "read".'
          Just had it again while off route, with auto re-routing off, about 5 seconds after saying 'computer zoom in' a few times.

Comment

Also still having problem with wanting to tell me to jump off the side of the motorway if I re-route while on it

Comment

I have "VOICES" tested today, so far so well - still are me no gross errors been noticeable. However remain sometimes parts of GPSWARN.JPG in the GPS.JPG-Screen (if I enter a address) visibly...

BTW: some thanks mine wishes for that realizes :-)
              But I would have one still: if speed is 0, the pointer should not show a directional marker (show only "Pointer.bmp").
              Regards
              Oliver

http://picasso.zoffi.net

Comment

@steve
                1) Will take a look at the crash ASAP
                2) Rerouting when On a Motorway :
                I have been looking at that problem for quite some time now and I don't think that it would be solved in the near future. Let me try to explain.
                Assume you are traveling south on a motorway in UK so in your screen you are travelling south and you should be to your right side of the motorway on the sceen. Now you want to reroute to a place further south. Now naturally you expect the application to ask you to continue driving south but that does not seem to happen . Lets see y that happens.
                You know that the GPS doesnot give you an exact location so your position on the map could be anywhere in the area covered by the circle whose radius is equal to the Max Offset Error Distance. Lets consider your position in the map could me more to the left , right , north or south from your actual position. North/south doesnot seem to be the problem but when is left or right the problem starts.
                1) More towards left: Mappoint assumes you are travelling north and will ask you to take the next exit north and join the motorway in the other direction.
                2) More towards right: Mappoint will ask you to take a local road and join the motorway.
                Mappoint is very strict about placing the route on the motorway. We could find some workaround to snap the route to the nearest road but still this may not give you the right road. Also in case you are over a bridge and there is another road going from below you there is no way to find which road you are on as Mappoint doesnot have altitude attached to the map. One would think, why not use the direction in which you are travelling.I don't think its possible cause Mappoint does not give the user/external app the direction of the road. it has to know it for the correct route calculation but doesnot want to give it to the external app.

Hope this helps.

Satish

Comment

Problems with Mappoint 2004
                  One of the error you could possibly get is "The requested member of the collection does not exist. Use a valid Number or index number"
                  I think Mappoint made some changes in a function for parsing street address from a comma seperated string. I am currently making some changes to the UI for Address Input .

Regards
                  Satish

Comment

When the GPS is being initialized, I think it's still being initialised using the PC time as GMT, without applying the Timezone offset. This leads to long aquisition times.
                    06 Volvo XC90
                    Use to have installed MII 10000/512Mb/40GB, Lilliput 7", OPUS 90W, Wifi-G PCMCIA, Head Unit Aux adapter, Delorme GPS, XM PCR, Audigy NX, RR
                    Car PC downloads: http://carpc.harteveldt.com/

Comment

@Silentadmirer
                      Thanks, will not re-route while on the motorway then for the moment.

First real road test today, actually relying on it to get me to the UK Car PC meet, and it got me there!!!

Didn't crash once !!! Routing directions on this journey were just at the right time, and voice directions guided me home.

Only 1 bug... I planned the destination and drove there, for the way home I said 'Computer Take Me Home'. The bug appears to be if you ask it to re-route, it re-routes to the old destination. Also for some reason it tried to re-route half way home without asking it to which of course was confusing and needed to ask to be taken home again!!

Comment

I'm finding that once a route is enter it will re-ruote all the time. Constantly saying rerouting till I manually exit. This never happend with the alpha dashpc.exe

Comment

bertybassett : Can you check the ini file for AutoRoute and MaxError and let me know. I will try to simulate it

Satish

Comment

yeah autoroute is set to 1. I'll double check the max error in 5mins.

Comment

Also I'm sure this fix has been covered before so I tried a quick search but I couldn't find any info on it, so here go'es.

In media car the screen size is a bit messed up. The bottom tool bar has the up arrow and home buttons moved up to much, also this effects the main toolbar (access by the up arrow). Can anyone shed any light on how to fix this? Do I just edit the ini file to the correct screen size?

As a stand alone app the screen size is fine,so it must be something to do with the media car tool bar at the top of the screen.

One picture attached
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X