This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volunteers

Its easy to miss volunteers that volunteer mid-thread so this is dedicated to anyone who can contribute to the project. (This does not include testers - we will have a seperate thread for you). Just post any skills you can contribute to the project.... (C# developer, web developer, graphics design, etc.)

Those with C# abilities feel free to add yourself to the project on sourceforge:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/openmobile/
    openMobile - An open source C# Front End (why choose openMobile?)
    - Always Recruiting Developers -
    Like what you see? Donations are always welcome

UnusuallyGenius
    aka Matthew
    Graphic User Interface Design
    - Project: Unified Car Control
    - Original OpenMobile Interface Designer

Comment

I can't contribute much in the way of coding, but I've been doing C#/.Net for years and will be happy to answer questions and help solve programming problems / design problems / etc.

Comment

I am new to carpc......my installation is 70% completed.

C#, Java, C++, especially in distributed/network application area.

Also interested in data mining and intelligent mobile agent (think of two cars parked in front of the red light; my pc may send a mobile agent to yours via bluetooth and figure out your music preference comparing to mine etc...

Comment

I develop my own C# frontend, and will continue doing so... (just want to make my own, even if it's 500 times more work/effort than anything else).

But I'll gladly lend a hand when possible

Comment

I have most of a skin I was making for a class built in WPF, it could probably also be converted to Silverlight. I'm not sure what kind of performance they require to run but I would love to see it made into a working player.

Comment

Originally posted by gothate View Post
              I have most of a skin I was making for a class built in WPF, it could probably also be converted to Silverlight. I'm not sure what kind of performance they require to run but I would love to see it made into a working player.
              I think we were leaning away from silverlight for performance reasons but do you have a link to what u were working on?

Comment

Yeah, here's what I had finished so far. I haven't really touched it too much since the class I was doing it for ended.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by gothate View Post
                  Yeah, here's what I had finished so far. I haven't really touched it too much since the class I was doing it for ended.

Now THAT is a slick interface. The graphics, colors & layout are very well put together.

Comment

Yea I missed that post...that is a very slick looking interface. Then again I just love the whole black with some good lighting look.

Are those all fully rendered controls or were those from bitmaps (/textures)?

Comment

They're all rendered.

Comment

I like that interface, its pretty slick. CPU isn't hurting either.

Comment

Bit late on the volunteering front but I'd like to lend a hand when I can.

I'm an ASP.net developer by trade working mainly with CSS/HTML/VB.NET but happy with C# too. Am fairly good with PHP so as mentioned should be able to help with the website.

My graphic skills are lacking, but I can do some nice looking stuff if I put the time in.

Have started (and given up on) my own frontend, written in VB.NET but alot of similar ideas to yours (most never implemented). But I did write a Radio plugin and most of a Silabs/ADS FM radio sub-plugin (which I think is a similar idea to your high/low level plugins) which should port across nicely.

Also had a skin concept I might tidy up and post to see what people think and wether it is worth taking on any further.

Comment

Originally posted by ballen View Post
                            Have started (and given up on) my own frontend, written in VB.NET but alot of similar ideas to yours (most never implemented). But I did write a Radio plugin and most of a Silabs/ADS FM radio sub-plugin (which I think is a similar idea to your high/low level plugins) which should port across nicely.

Also had a skin concept I might tidy up and post to see what people think and wether it is worth taking on any further.
                            Replied to the website offer in the other thread..... Definitely looking forward to getting some plugins ported over and any way I can help with that just let me know. Radio interface is all finalized and locked down so anything you do now will last the life of the project.

Comment

Most of my programming knowledge is in C++, but easily adaptable to C#. I am familiar with the MS Visual Studios IDE, and I would like to volunteer for this project. I just finished 3 years in an accelerated college for game programming, and love to learn new things. I am sure a lot of this design is over my head but I am willing to learn and help develop.
                              2003 HCH Work Log
                              - Official OpenMobile Builder/Tester

Comment

Working...
                              X