Instructions for installing on Linux?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instructions for installing on Linux?

I can't find any instructions for installing this on linux. Can someone help me?

JustChat is the one who's up to speed on linux so I won't be able to offer much help here but there has been some posts about this in the OpenMobile forum, here's two of them:

http://www.mp3car.com/openmobile/146...too-linux.html
    http://www.mp3car.com/openmobile/145...tall-help.html

But as far as I know it's mostly just a question about installing mono on your linux to make OpenMobile run.
    Failure is not an option...
    __________________________________________________ ______________________________
    The only full multizone / multiscreen cross platform open source Front End -> OpenMobile

Comment

I got an error at 100% that I think I saw a fix for in the second link. I will try it tonight. I'm installing this on Meego not sure if anyone has had any success with that.

Comment

Errors at 100% is always fun... Hopefully you'll be able to get it up and running.

It would be great if you post your findings here for future references.
        __________________________________________________ ______________________________
        The only full multizone / multiscreen cross platform open source Front End -> OpenMobile

Comment

I think I had those kinds of errors too, which were caused by missing dependencies. Try running from a terminal window, so you can see error messages.

In my case, in addition to the usual mono runtimes, I had to manually install a few pieces that weren't picked up automatically, such as libmono-sqlite2.0-cil, libmono-winforms2.0-cil, libmono-corlib1.0-cil, and libgdiplus. There may be others, too, I'm just going from memory.

It would be nice if OpenMobile were properly packaged up for Linux distros, but until someone gets around to doing that (which may be never), we'll just have to use the installer and make sure the dependencies are in place.

Comment

.9 installer is going to attempt to install any needed dependencies on the common distros.
            openMobile - Download
            Like what you see? Donations are always welcome

Comment

Here is screenshot of my error
              Attached Files

Comment

Looks like it's missing GDIPlus. Try "apt-get install libgdiplus" (or whatever the equivalent is on Meego).

Comment

ok I installed GDIPlus and get the installer to finish and the plugin installer opened installed plugins and finished with no errors, Open Mobile still will not open but I'm not getting any errors when launched.

Comment

if you run mono OpenMobile.exe from the command line what gets spit out?
                    openMobile - Download

Comment

You could also check the log file for OM (allthough I don't know where this one is saved on linux)

Comment

Duh, yeah that too. It is in ~/.config/openmobile/
                        openMobile - Download

Comment

I tired to open it from command line nothing I will check log in morning

Comment

Working...
                          X