HDRadio direct tune fix

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDRadio direct tune fix

this is the replacement dll for the radio skin, which fixes the cant direct tune the radio
    to fix the code in the trunk

change Button_TuneTo_OnClick method.

Code:
    newStation = info.stationID.Substring(0, info.stationID.IndexOf(':')) + newStation;
    Code:
    newStation = info.stationID.Substring(0, info.stationID.IndexOf(':') + 1) + newStation;
    direct tune is a little weird if you want to tune 92.3 you would input 92300
    and if you want to tune 101.1 you would input 101100 this is how the original
    author intended it to work but should be changed to something more intuitive.

the attached file has the modified dll for the 0.8 branch

Attached Files
    Last edited by untermensch; 05-16-2011, 12:59 AM.

Is the change in the code part the only thing you have changed? I can include any patches in the main code but I have to make sure it doesn't break all the other radios that uses the radio skin (Venice5/7, HDRadio, Pandora etc...)

The input part is just a format question for the skin, the reason it is kept this way is that the radio skin supports a multiple radios with different functionality and different bands, hence using different info in the direct tune method.
    Failure is not an option...
    __________________________________________________ ______________________________
    The only full multizone / multiscreen cross platform open source Front End -> OpenMobile

Comment

Maybe we can change it so the skin can be smart about what it sends based on the radio available "channel types" (the HD, FM, XM, enum I forget the name off hand) And we can add on the 0s before sending the tune command if it is one of those types.
      openMobile - Download
      Like what you see? Donations are always welcome

Comment

The problem with adding this type of functionality to the skin is that the skinner has to remember to include specific code in his skin to make the radio work, to me this kind of code should be handled by the framework itself rather than having to rely on the skinner to do this.
        I'll see if I can do something about the interface itself instead.
        __________________________________________________ ______________________________
        The only full multizone / multiscreen cross platform open source Front End -> OpenMobile

Comment

Woo Hoo. Fixing direct tuning (and remembering presets) and that crosses off the radio issues from my list!
          03 Cadillac CTS
          ZOTAC G43ITX-A-E 2.5ghz Core i3 2GB 160GB SSD
          Win7 Ultimate - OpenMobile - Directed HD - Wifi
          OMMaps + MS GPS Puck - WiFi via LTE Android phone
          2 Zones - Matrix Orbital LCD - Arduino - Build Pics

Comment

Originally posted by Borte View Post
            Is the change in the code part the only thing you have changed? I can include any patches in the main code but I have to make sure it doesn't break all the other radios that uses the radio skin (Venice5/7, HDRadio, Pandora etc...)

The input part is just a format question for the skin, the reason it is kept this way is that the radio skin supports a multiple radios with different functionality and different bands, hence using different info in the direct tune method.
            the problem was that the ":" was getting dropped so FM:92300 was being sent as FM92300
            so add 1 to the substring or
            Code:
            + ":" +
            will fix the direct tune issue, I did look at
            the pandora and xm radio plugin they both
            look for starts with "Pandora:" and "XM:" so this
            should also fix direct tuning for those plugins also.

Comment

I did some work on the OMVisteonRadio.dll and got the meta data showing for HD Radio stations
              and fixed the signal strength.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

the attached file has the modified source and a compiled dll for the 0.8 branch
              Attached Files
              Last edited by untermensch; 05-16-2011, 12:55 AM.

Comment

Thanks. I'll have a look and apply the patches to the main code.

Comment

Working...
                X