Games?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Games?

I've done a quick concept for a tic tac toe game... Something to kill 30 seconds while the wife runs into co-fair or something.

Still concept at this point, but it works!

I'm starting this not as a log for the plugin, but what other little waste 30 seconds games are there you guys want? I'm thinking connect4, hangman, checkers. Maybe I might just make 1 plugin where you can select from a variety.

P.S. Don't knock the graphics - hand-drawn mspaint for the suck!
    Attached Files
    Current Worklog: TBA - '05 Rav4 (Mobo Dead).
    www.rav4world.com - Forums for Rav4 owners
    www.flavorfeasts.com - Cooking website/forums
    -Basic forums live atm, come contribute!

looks good! while the paint images are a little rough, i kinda like that form instead of clean lines..
    My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
    "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
    carpc undecided

Comment

Originally posted by soundman98 View Post
      looks good! while the paint images are a little rough, i kinda like that form instead of clean lines..
      +1 What he said! TIC-TAC-TOE looks good as hand-drawn X's and O's

Originally posted by detlion1643 View Post
      I'm starting this not as a log for the plugin, but what other little waste 30 seconds games are there you guys want? I'm thinking connect4, hangman, checkers. Maybe I might just make 1 plugin where you can select from a variety.
      These simple classic games are just the kind of thing the kids like on long-ish drives. My grandkids like connect4 and hangman for sure. Make it multi-zone friendly and you have a big winner. Kid in the front can play kid in the back.

John
      03 Cadillac CTS
      ZOTAC G43ITX-A-E 2.5ghz Core i3 2GB 160GB SSD
      Win7 Ultimate - OpenMobile - Directed HD - Wifi
      OMMaps + MS GPS Puck - WiFi via LTE Android phone
      2 Zones - Matrix Orbital LCD - Arduino - Build Pics

Comment

Great concept!

Here's a thought: Since we support multiple screens we can also support multiple users... What about programming this so one user pr screen and set it up so that they can play against each other. Should be interesting for the kids in the rear!
        Failure is not an option...
        __________________________________________________ ______________________________
        The only full multizone / multiscreen cross platform open source Front End -> OpenMobile

Comment

About making it multi-screen friendly, that shouldn't mess up when someone has different zones setup? I don't test with zones but I do have 3 screen's hooked up so I can test it for the most part. Hmm, onto concept coding that .

Keep suggestions coming please!

Comment

It shouldn't mess anythin up. Just add instances for each screen.
            __________________________________________________ ______________________________
            The only full multizone / multiscreen cross platform open source Front End -> OpenMobile

Comment

Or just clone the display to each screen. Super simple.

Comment

Well, you guys asked/commented, so here it is a quick code mockup of my touchscreen playing against my laptop !!!!!!!!!!!

The code is soooo ugly but it's working. Set up dynamically for any amount of screens and you can choose what screen to play against as long as it's not already playing in a game. Pretty slick stuff!

Grrr... sorry for crappy glare .
                Attached Files

Comment

NICE! Really shows off the concept of multiple screens! Great work!

Comment

Ooooo. Nice. Can't wait until it's ready! If you pick the screen you are already on, would that make it two player on one screen?
                    03 Cadillac CTS

Comment

If you pick the screen you are already on, would that make it two player on one screen?
                      Not at the moment... I was thinking of having 3 options on the main tic tac toe screen: 1 player, 2 player, or multi-screen. Pretty self explanatory.

The multi-screen stuff is pretty thrown together, not polished, buttons everywhere, buggy as all hell but the core stuff is there! 2 player mode hasn't even been started yet, as I figure if I can get the multi-screen stuff done, 2 player mode will be an absolute breeze!

BTW, does anyone know how to take screenshots (prt scr's) of non-primary monitors? That would work better than my digital camera. Hang in there, I might even be able to get out an early dll this weekend if people would like to play around and give feedback and bug test with me.

Comment

Originally posted by detlion1643 View Post
                        BTW, does anyone know how to take screenshots (prt scr's) of non-primary monitors?
                        I just use win7's snipping tool.

Comment

I use Print Screen. When I paste it into Paint, they are all there in one big snapshot, just have to scroll down/over depending on your layout.
                          03 Cadillac CTS

Comment

Never knew print screen did that and first time using snippet tool - thanks guys!

I'm just gonna leave 1 last screen here that displays all 3 screens re-sized into 1 image, hope it doesn't look squished.

Left = screen1, right=screen2, middle-bottom=screen3 (shows how the other games look when others are looking/playing)

Edit - Just about fixed up a total of 25-35ish annoying bugs, def. playable at this point!
                            Attached Files

Comment

very cool!

another game that i have become addicted to is Reversi-- similar concept, and great to use while waiting for girls trying on clothes....
                              My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
                              "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
                              carpc undecided

Comment

Working...
                              X