Carbon Shiftgate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carbon Shiftgate

I have an idea for a basic shiftgate styled theme with a shifter knob as a volume slider and/or button-press indicator. The top right corner could have a preview window for album art or whatever. The thought is when you press a button, the shift knob would go to the slot in the gate temporarily, then back to its original location along the volume slider.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Carbon Fiber Gate.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	421.1 KB
ID:	2309705

Open to ideas or suggestions if you have any. We can make any of the images you want, we just can't do the %&^*($ coding!

PSD file is attached. Carbon Fiber Gate.psd

Slider coding

What is the possibility of adding animation to a button or control? The goal is to have the chrome shift knob move into position when you hover/click on an icon, but have the knob double as the volume control slider. How would we animate the knob to move into position, or automatically hide the volume slider when the buttons are highlighted?

Screencap:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	402.5 KB
ID:	2285191

Comment

Hi! Glad to see folks still monitoring us

Animated controls (or animation/graphics) are one of the big things that has been worked on in OpenMobile. And most of the work is handled by the framework. It is much easier for folks to create plugins.

I do not know when there will be a new commit to the SVN. But in short, the answer will be yes to your question(s) about animated controls.

As for "how" to do it, I can't properly answer. I am the tester, although I have made myself a plugin. Somewhere along the way somebody (probably Boorte) will post a reply and give a little more heads-up.
      03 Cadillac CTS
      ZOTAC G43ITX-A-E 2.5ghz Core i3 2GB 160GB SSD
      Win7 Ultimate - OpenMobile - Directed HD - Wifi
      OMMaps + MS GPS Puck - WiFi via LTE Android phone
      2 Zones - Matrix Orbital LCD - Arduino - Build Pics

Comment

Originally posted by Azothyran View Post
        What is the possibility of adding animation to a button or control? The goal is to have the chrome shift knob move into position when you hover/click on an icon, but have the knob double as the volume control slider. How would we animate the knob to move into position, or automatically hide the volume slider when the buttons are highlighted?
        You can animate any property on a object in OM. So making it slide along the gear shift pattern is really easy. All that is needed is to use the smoothAnimator class and have the smoothAnimator change the left and top properties on an image based.
        Failure is not an option...
        __________________________________________________ ______________________________
        The only full multizone / multiscreen cross platform open source Front End -> OpenMobile

Comment

To make a skin takes knowledge in C#/VB as of right now... With that though, essentially anything inside the framework or .NET will be useable. I don't have much free time these days to help out with the programming aspect, but we're all here to help if you need it.
          Current Worklog: TBA - '05 Rav4 (Mobo Dead).
          www.rav4world.com - Forums for Rav4 owners
          www.flavorfeasts.com - Cooking website/forums
          -Basic forums live atm, come contribute!

Comment

Working...
          X