Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carmen - Beta Testversion

Hi!

This is the first beta release of Carmen.

2 run it you need:
    .net 2
    Flash 9.x
    Winamp 5.x (if you want playcount support you need 5.2)
    ActiveWinamp
    Mediaplayer 9.x

Note: Please check carmen.ini and all .skin files 2 configure the right paths...

Have fun!

Edit:
    Update 2 Beta2 - register audiogenie2.ocx.
    New: rating (id3v2 tag & winamp library) - advanced bookmarking (playlist + current song + current playing position) great 4 audiobooks.

Edit2:
    Update Beta3
    playcount (only with winamp 5.2),many bugfixes, small improvements

Download
    monschein.org

some screenshots...
    Attached Files
    monschein.org

Comment

I'd really like to see a CDRSkull front end for this. Perhaps you can persuade him to release the source for one of his older skins like Xeon so that you can transfer it?

Comment

@Beezer:
        i think i am not so good in persuading (thats why i wrote this )...so this is up 2 you.

I can provide you with all necessary information about skinning (i already posted a .fla source file) and about the program (i can send you even the source if you want). I think thats more then you will get from most others here.

Update to Beta 2
        monschein.org

Comment

embed foobar and your front end will be god. Seriously, people will drop RR like a ton of bricks... oh yeah, Iguidance is a must as well.. but def foobar.

Comment

Originally posted by ReflexNPG View Post
            Hi!

This is the first beta release of Carmen.

2 run it you need:
            .net 2
            Flash 9.x
            Winamp 5.x
            ActiveWinamp
            Mediaplayer 9.x

Originally posted by ironfinger View Post
            embed foobar and your front end will be god. Seriously, people will drop RR like a ton of bricks... oh yeah, Iguidance is a must as well.. but def foobar.
            I beg to differ. NET 2.0, Flash, etc seems like a lot of overhead for something that is barely looked at.
            It just serves to easily manipulate the software/applications using a touchscreen while driving.

But if it rocks your boat, by all means ...

Sincerely,
            Jurgen

Comment

eh?

Comment

@ironfinger: what does foobar do and others dont?

@jpuype: 4 u its overhead, 4 me it makes things a lot easier...just make a skinnable gui with all the features of flash *without* flash. And the rest of the program please write in one week without .net.
                monschein.org

Comment

foobar2000 is pretty much THE player to use if one is serious about sound. It has extensive plugins that allow for software tuning and audiophile feature/quality playback. It also supports a ton of audio formats and has a low memory footprint.

If you're interested in foobar, you should hit up durwood or RedGTiVR6 for more info, they're pretty much the audio gurus on this forum and will be all over this for sure.

Comment

@ironfinger:

hmm, audiophile in car? software tuning? I bet you could never tell if an mp3, ogg or whatever is player by winamp or by foobar . This is like believing that coffee tastes better in a pyramid

I cannot see any advantage of using foobar - i like winamp, it plays what i want, its very easy to integrate (Activewinamp) and he has this great powerful medialibrary, where you have a playcount, recently added and rating option.

Thats means its up 2 you, if you want 2 see foobar integrated. Its very easy...

Btw, its not my intention to convert somebody 2 my frontend. I post it just 4 fun - Maybe somebody likes it, maybe not, maybe its an inspiration or just an example for something to avoid...
                    monschein.org

Comment

@Beezer:
                      i think i am not so good in persuading (thats why i wrote this )...so this is up 2 you.

I can provide you with all necessary information about skinning (i already posted a .fla source file) and about the program (i can send you even the source if you want). I think thats more then you will get from most others here.

Update to Beta 2
                      I'm a programmer by trade but I've never touched either .Net or Flash. I wouldn't mind taking a look though, so I'll check out your example Flash files to see what's involved. Can't imagine it's that tricky

Comment

@ironfinger:

hmm, audiophile in car? software tuning? I bet you could never tell if an mp3, ogg or whatever is player by winamp or by foobar . This is like believing that coffee tastes better in a pyramid

I cannot see any advantage of using foobar - i like winamp, it plays what i want, its very easy to integrate (Activewinamp) and he has this great powerful medialibrary, where you have a playcount, recently added and rating option.

Thats means its up 2 you, if you want 2 see foobar integrated. Its very easy...

Btw, its not my intention to convert somebody 2 my frontend. I post it just 4 fun - Maybe somebody likes it, maybe not, maybe its an inspiration or just an example for something to avoid...
                        I wish I knew how to program, but alas I do not. People have been waiting for someone to integrate foobar into a front end for years.. it was just a shot in the dark, sorry, didn't mean to impose on you. I definitely like your approach to a clean and efficient, RR inspired, front end, good work!

Comment

@Beezer: its really easy, you will see - a lot easier then with rr, cause you have full control whats coming in from the backend.
                          Transformation of my skin (5 screens) from rr to carmen took me 1 hours. And it was mainly deleting code and cleaning it up...
                          You can also add only the callbacks for the variables, but then the skin would consume more cpu then it has 2...

@ironfinger: maybe you find somebody, who likes to do it. He only needs to write a player class supporting one interface and thats it (i can provide an example). Pretty easy on Carmen side, but i dont know how it looks on foobar side...
                          monschein.org

Comment

Ok, I've tried this today...

I've changed the skin path to put the skins in their own directory for neatness. The program doesn't find the skin.

Skinpath=C:\CarmenBeta02\skins\default

Comment

Originally posted by Beezer View Post
                              Ok, I've tried this today...

I've changed the skin path to put the skins in their own directory for neatness. The program doesn't find the skin.

Skinpath=C:\CarmenBeta02\skins\default
                              now you can do that...

Update to Beta 3
                              monschein.org

Comment

Working...
                              X