DestiPlus v5.61 Installation Instructions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DestiPlus v5.61 Installation Instructions

Since the forum to get the app, and the developer, are both german I thought id share the steps I used to get it working

Everything except for the maps you get from: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/newt...ewthread&f=113

You do have to sign up, and it is in german. Google translation tool can help you work out which fields you have to fill in for the registration. Once you have a registered and signed in you should be able to go to the above link.

From the first page grab:

DestiPLus v5.61 by jennico.exe
    Language5.0.zip
    Destinator PN.rar

The maps you can get from your Destinator 6 CD.

For the example I have installed everything in to c:\desti. Destiplus doesnt like spaces in the filename.. so...

1) Create a directory in C: called Desti
    2) Extract Destinator PN.rar to C:\Desti
    3) Extract Languages5.0.zip to c:\Desti
    4) Delete the Berlin Map folder (unless you want it)
    5) Copy the map folder to c:\desti
    6) Install DestiPLus v5.6.1 to c:\desti. When the language screen appears I choose English as the language (click on the yellow dual arrow button) and chose USA as the country, then click on Ready

At this stage you should get a couple of prompts regarding license agreements, once you click on these Desiplus will go through its configuration routine that takes about 1 min. The application will appear to open and close a few times. Just wait till it stops. You should get a "Welcome and have fun with DestiPLUS" splash screen that you can click on.

Hopefully this will save someone some time

For those who dont know what Destiplus is (i was asked to explain cause iam german):

Destiplus is a skinbedder skin for Destinator 6 which is provided by Centrafuse!
    It uses Skinbedder (although Jennico renamed it) and some AutoIT scripts to accomplish things easier (onscreen Keyboard, config of Comports, Gui layout etc)

The new SDK provided by Centrafuse( from 1.12 on) does have a OSK but still needs configs for Buttons, Comports etc......

Comment

Why not just use D6, that doesn't need a GPS frontend like DestiPlus, Freedrive, or Mapmonkey.

All you need to do is skin it to suit your main frontend Skin

Search for Destinator 6 Howto
      My Nissan 200SX @ Silverstone
      NOW SADLY WRITTEN OFF!

My Car's spec list + pics

Stealth CarPC fab'ing...

Comment

Originally posted by ShawJohn View Post
        Why not just use D6, that doesn't need a GPS frontend like DestiPlus, Freedrive, or Mapmonkey.

All you need to do is skin it to suit your main frontend Skin

Search for Destinator 6 Howto
        Hi,

maybe i am a bit thick, but i searched for what you specify on the forum, but can't find anything?

Comment

Originally posted by Bass850 View Post
          Hi,

maybe i am a bit thick, but i searched for what you specify on the forum, but can't find anything?
          You have to sign up and be logged in to the site to find the file download links

Comment

You might want to check the link in your first post....it's not linking to what you're wanting it to link to I guess.
            Jan Bennett
            FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Hrm.... bugger... it doesnt.... Need to wade through german again.. EEP

Stay tuned

Comment

bump

Comment

Is this what you mean

http://www.car-pc.info/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14528

Comment

Thx

Comment

Hi endosurf,
                      i did manage to download everything except language.zip. Could you point to me where i can find this?.
                      thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X