No announcement yet.

My custom frontend

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My custom frontend

Hey all

I started my carpc project back in March, after deciding to write my own custom frontend in VB6.

it's been thru 4 betas (the first two never made it to the car, and 3 & 4 i grew tired of) and i think that ver.5 (current) is the one i'm gunna stick with.

It's for my own use, and I don't really plan on distributing it, but I felt the urge i guess to show it off a bit. So far, i've got the MP3 player 80% done, the CD & DVD players 10% done, video file player is about 40% done and the XM radio is 80% done.

There are bits in this project that don't belong to me, which is the main reason that I don't want to distrobute it. It's also really specific to my personal taste.

I'd also like to thank Erorus for the recent help with the XM Class for VB6.

anyway, on to the pics. I've got 2 screen caps so far, and will add as i make more.

MODS: If i didn't put this in the right spot please move it. Thanks

Splash Screen

Input Source

MP3 Player

XM Tuner

Lemme know what you think, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask!

I think that you should share with the rest of the community. I built my front end for myself, but found that it was a heck of alot of fun to share it. I didnt write every little section of my program, I used alot of different resources to get what I needed to make it work. You dont have to share the code with anyone, but your program looks really neat and clean, Oh and by the way I see that you used Paint Shop Pro for graphics (great program) I use it for all my needs too. So what are you waiting for? Give it up! heh heh.
    Mobile Impact
    Highly innovative car computer multimedia/entertainment system software.

I'd like to share it with ppl, but I'd need to clean up the code alot. The graphics are all done in PSP, as it's easier than Photoshop. I find photoshop to be too much for my needs. As far as being clean, it's exactly the way i like it. A friend of mine has an Alpine in dash DVD and I'm trying to model my software after it. His unit is very very easy to use, and that's what I'm going for here.

I'll think about releasing it once I get all the features going.

wow, I like it

See now thats the type of frontend i've been waiting for, I love the simple OEM look to it.
        S60 Install

If I get enough interest, I'll release it to the public. It won't be ready likely for another month or two, but I'll keep this post updated.

What language is it in?
            PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
            GammaControl v2.4
            SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

VB6 he said
              (All done)
              iPad Mini 128GB, RF 600.5 amp, JL12W0V2, 8 Infinity Components

Originally posted by sdashiki
                VB6 he said
                Damn... I guess I didn't see that
                PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                GammaControl v2.4
                SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

VB6, which is a blessing and a curse all at the same time. It uses Windows Media for everything other than the XM. It runs the Whitecap plugin for the vis. After i finish up the XM abd the MP3, i'm workin on the video player, and then DVD. CD will likely be the last thing, as I don't plan on using CD's very often

i'm waiting to,looks very good,i hope we get the release soon,can you tell us the features please.
                      BASSRR ==> [Audio Player/MusicDB/Cd Player/Ripper/Rate/Internet Radio/Audio Capture/Youtube Video]
                      RRTube ==> [View/Download Youtube Videos]
                      WifiMan ==> [Wifi Manager]
                      RRec ==> [Audio Capture]

If You Want To Be Given Everything, Give Everything Up ...
                      Bird York -- In The Deep --

Well, I'm rewriting the whole thing again. After finishing the XM in Ver 5 and starting the DVD, i realized that the code was WAY too sloppy. Being too lazy to clean it up, i started from scratch, doing one thing at a time. I jus finished up the MP3 player again, and am starting work on the XM. This time, I'm trying to reuse code as much as possible, and comment everything.

As i said earlier, this frontend is mainly for me, but I am considering releasing to to the general public. Please bear in mind that the Source screen is tailored to my car (hence the big Pontiac logo), and that I will release a generic source screen if/when it goes public.

As far as features go, here's the quick list:

XM Radio

Those are the main things I need done before I let it loose. I'm am planning support for a Phidgets 8/8/8 kit, and probably one of their rotary encoders (I like the feel of a volume knob rather then buttons on the screen). They look like a blast to use, and once i get the budget, i'll be sure to order one. I am also hoping to find a way to either integrate or skin iGuidance, and possibly PhoCo.

The one thing i'd be interested in is creating a basic "remote" application for PocketPC. I tried to get the winsock stuff running in VB.NET for the PocketPC but I can't seem to make it work. If anyone out there can get a program working on a pocket pc, all I need it to do is send via tcp/ip or udp (not sure wich would be better in this case) the commands in plain text (play, pause, next, etc) and I can read it in my app, then we are laughin pm me here or add me to msn: thebox2112 [at] hotmail [dot] com .

but anyway see the attachments for screens from Ver.6

Thanks for lookin

Attached Files

Very nice. Nice and simple to use. Only if I knew on how to code
                          Mirage 2003 model

Really like the XM part!
                            2008 350z GT Installed since April 22nd 2011 - Worklog
                            2000 Protege Installed Since April 2, 2005 - Intel D201GLY|Fusion Brain|ODBPros ODBII|Engenius|GPS Rikaline|Powermate|Motorized Lilli
                            Sound Stage

Any cahnce to have a version for linux?