Mobius - Custom Frontend

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobius - Custom Frontend

See end of thread for more up to date information, screenshots and downloads

Im just creating a thread so i can post updates of the software im writing for my project.

See my worklog thread for more information for the moment..

So far its been under development for just about 8 days.

Lets see how this progresses.

Oh, and yes im releasing sourcecode, to help out all you people who want to create their own frontend and dont know how to start..

Some Info:

Development Language: C#
    Media Library: FMod
    Display Library: SDL

Questions/Comments/Flames here.

*Edit*
    Project is now being maintained over at sourceforge..

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/mobiluspc/

If you wish to jump straight to the download of the most current release (useful only to developers and curious advanced users) go here:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...roup_id=147846

Current Feature List
    • XML Configuration
    • XML Defined skinning;
      • Complex Polygon structured buttons.. buttons that wrap other buttons etc
      • Generic Flexible Command Processing structure & Syntax.. Set datasources for Listboxes, perform any operation with any available data on the screen.
      • Change the behaviour of the entire application just my tweaking the Skin XML file. Massive flexibility & power.
      • On-the-fly Skin changing.. no restart required.
    • Auxillary screen interfaces, dockable, skinnabe, any size
    • more to come...
    VY Commodore S Pack HotHouse Green

SP 13000, Precision Response Audio, Stealth Install.

Progress: 60%
    Hardware Bought, Install Time.

My Worklog

Mobilus - My Frontend, 55% done
    V0.7.1 Now Released

An Austrailian frontend - hmm will we have to use screen rotate to be able to see it the right way up?

hehe sorry.

Good luck with it. Can't wait to see how it works out. Make it nice and quick!

Comment

Aha, yes!

A front-end written in C# is bound to be faster than all those in vb... if written properly at least

I would like to see it soon!
      List of front-ends/usefull apps
      XTroniC | XTroniC Direct

Comment

damn commodore lol

Good luck
        CarPC Status:
        GPS: 99%
        Hardware: 99%
        Software: 92%
        Case Install: 99.9%
        Dash Install: 100%
        Car Install: 72%

Comment

I'm very interested, I'm getting into C# and I am very interested in the source... It will be a long time until I'm able to do anything as constructive as making a frontend with it, but I'll at least be interested in seeing how things are done for something like this... and maybe with a few months of work I can make some sort of stupid, simple plugin for it (that would undoubtedly take you 20 minutes to write)
          But don't take it from me! here's a quote from a real, live newbie:
          Originally posted by Viscouse
          I am learning buttloads just by searching on this forum. I've learned 2 big things so far: 1-it's been done before, and 2-if it hasn't, there is a way to do it.
          eegeek.net

Comment

Originally posted by Scouse Monkey
            An Austrailian frontend - hmm will we have to use screen rotate to be able to see it the right way up?
            Hey SM, You don't have to rotate the screen, don't you? Cuz UK and Aust are both driving on the "wrong" side of the road. Only for us who drive on the right side have problem with the screen.

Anyway, good luck.
            2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
            89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
            Y2K Accord Dell GX150
            RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
            EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

he meant cause they are in the lower hemisphere, i think...

Anyway - this is cool, keep us posted!
              Color Code:
              PLANNING
              PURCHASING
              PREPARING
              PRESENTING

Comment

Originally posted by MatrixPC
                Hey SM, You don't have to rotate the screen, don't you? Cuz UK and Aust are both driving on the "wrong" side of the road. Only for us who drive on the right side have problem with the screen.

Anyway, good luck.
                What he ^^^ (HolySdr) said! duh!

Comment

You guys need to get out a bit more !

Made some more progress, skins picking up via XML definitions (XML Object Serialization).
                  When i've got it to the point that its completely configurable via XML, i'll release a snapshot for people to have a look at. It may answer alot of questions for some people, and it may pose alot more questions for others.

My Worklog

V0.7.1 Now Released

Comment

Just a quick update...

Ive been working more on the interface and basic skinning, as well as some environment interaction.

Since im using Phidgets to monitor Temperature, Light levels and voltages, i wrote an environment class which exposes event handlers for the rest of the system to tie in to when a specific type of even occurs (temp, voltage or light change).

Also the Inputs will be rigged up the same way ( not done yet )

The interface skin blends from day to night depending on the light level being reported by the environment class.

Im making it as modular as possible to provide maximum flexibility. Event driven model, right down to what the buttons do, how media is managed etc.

Still in early stages, im just doing the stuff i'll need to have it working in the car in 2 weeks time.

I also just implemented the second Point-In-Polygon algorithm.. last one was winding direction specific..

It is also going to have 2 more hardware control interfaces (Steering wheel controls & Stereo Facia Controls), so there will be classes and events built in to accept different forms of input which will manipulate existing classes. easy.

Attached is a zip with the current status. It contains C# sourcecode, Win32 binary and one sample skin (2 pages).

Hardly does anything from the user-perspective, so dont bother downloading if you want to install and use straight away :P

Also, you'll see more of the functionality if you have a phidget interface kit with a temp sensor plugged in.

One more thing... the skin is something i whipped up.. as you can see, im definately a coder.. no artistic talent whatsoever :P

Post your feedback/comments/questions here.

*edit* Doh! 200kb attachment size.. the zip is 1.6mb.. i'll have to find somewhere to stick it... *back soon*
                    Heres a Screenshot of the main screen whilst i upload the zip
                    Attached Files

My Worklog

V0.7.1 Now Released

Comment

Originally posted by JaseVYS
                      *edit* Doh! 200kb attachment size.. the zip is 1.6mb.. i'll have to find somewhere to stick it... *back soon*
                      RapidShare
                      Installed
                      Asus A7N8X-VM - AMD Mobile Athlon 2400
                      512 Ram - 60GB HD - Opus 150w
                      Lilliput 7" - Rikaline 6010
                      [00000000000001100010-] 98% Completed

Check Out My Install!!!

Comment

Thanks. i did a search and found "filecloud" instead. its uploading now..

My Worklog

V0.7.1 Now Released

Comment

I think this will do it:

http://www.filecloud.com/user/files....&file_id=48888

My Worklog

V0.7.1 Now Released

Comment

*edit*...............*edit*

Ignore that, i had to hack at Tao.SDL to expose a method to get the current Window Handle and recompile it. And im using a win32 api call to set the position of the window... Easy actually. odd.

My Worklog

V0.7.1 Now Released

Comment

Another update,

Ive setup a sourceforge account for this project,

you can get there by going to : http://sourceforge.net/projects/mobiluspc/

But the actual update:

I've added an interface item: ListBox. It works just like any other listbox interface object would. Scrolling is defined in the Button Command Tag like this:
                              CMD_LISTBOX:Skins.Scroll(-1)

to break it down:
                              CMD_LISTBOX ...... its a listbox related command
                              Skins. ...... name of the listbox to perform an operation on
                              Scroll(-1) ...... The command to perform, in this case, scroll the listbox up one item

i may end up dumping the CMD_LISTBOX part and convert the command to something like
                              Listbox.Skins.Scroll(-1) for a more code-structured command.

it will also be able to handle command within command structure.. for example
                              CMD_SKIN:LoadSkin(Skins.SelectedValue)

Dont be confused with the "Skins.".. its just the name of the listbox on the current screen.. it could be any valid Listbox Name eg "CMD_LISTBOX:SomeCoolListbox.Scroll(1)"

I've attached a screenshot of the listbox in action on the skin selection page.

and beacuse of this update, the file uploaded earlier is now out of date... i'll fix it up and upload it to SourceForge.
                              Attached Files

My Worklog

V0.7.1 Now Released

Comment

Working...
                              X