HQCT or other USB FM Radio Module

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HQCT or other USB FM Radio Module

So I've decided I'm going to be purchasing and writing a plugin for a FM radio module of some kind, the only question is what module. HQCT seems to be the prevalent one, above the silabs unit even. Thoughts? I'd like to write for whichever one is more commonly used.
    "stop with the REINSTALLS, what do you think we got some lame-o installer!!!" - mitchjs
    RevFE
    My Shop

HD Radio.
    2001 Mustang Convertible Worklog
    Indigo Custom Frontend (Flash/Delphi)
    Blog

Qube v1.3 Now Available at the mp3Car Store!!!!!!
    The simplest IO controller you'll ever use!

Comment

Well, I was thinking about that... but to be honest I'd really like USB audio and there isnt any USB HD radio out yet, since I'm looking to get rid of my headunit entirely and if I get a Directed it would require running the audio through either the computer, or a splitter to go into an amplifier (being as the PC would take up the inputs)

Edit: And I hear rumor that they are discontinuing that radio?
      "stop with the REINSTALLS, what do you think we got some lame-o installer!!!" - mitchjs
      RevFE
      My Shop

Comment

Originally posted by malcom2073 View Post
        Edit: And I hear rumor that they are discontinuing that radio?
        Yea i heard that too, but the HD units get better reception than the HQCT in most cases plus you get the extra stations that HD provides.

Comment

Originally posted by bratnetwork View Post
          Yea i heard that too, but the HD units get better reception than the HQCT in most cases plus you get the extra stations that HD provides.
          And you really need to account for the fact that a lot of users have them! Very very few people are happy with the SiLabs tuners and few people have the HQCT due to the costs over the HD radio.
          Blog

Comment

I have HQCT and a Directed HD radio...much happier with the Directed unit

Comment

Yeah that seems to be the going trend heh, perhaps I should just give in and finally buy one myself for this.
              RevFE
              My Shop

Comment

Well it's settled, I'm going to be getting a Directed HD Radio, and Mitch's serial cable to match. I should be getting it mid-this coming week so I will start development on it.
                RevFE
                My Shop

Comment

Ha yes! My 2 word post made someone change their mind!

Anyway, there's a DLL out there somewhere that Mitch uses to control the radio. You could ask him for it, it comes with a help manual. If not, the protocol is available elsewhere.
                  Blog

Comment

Alright I got my HD Radio, it's actually a Visteon but it'll work. I've played with it a bit, and I got it to turn on and change channel, so progress .
                    RevFE
                    My Shop

Comment

Good news, by the end of this coming week I should be able to release V0.34 with a Directed/Visteon HD Radio plugin.
                      RevFE
                      My Shop

Comment

eagerly waiting...

Comment

V0.41 has the HD Radio plugin. Simply edit the settings.xml to point to the correct COM port for your HD radio, and the default skin has a HD radio section. At the moment it only supports HD artist and HD title, as well as some presets. I am working on adding more support for RDS.
                          RevFE
                          My Shop

Comment

Working...
                          X