Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fastest/Your favorite skin for low end EPIA boards?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fastest/Your favorite skin for low end EPIA boards?

I'm feeling out the fellow low-end EPIA people here. I want to know what skins you guys feel are the fastest, most responsive and reliable for use with Road Runner. I currently use LSX Void and am happy with it (mainly because its non-flash) but its not EPIA friendly. It takes a few seconds to go from screen to screen and it takes about 10 seconds to load. And I have noticed that many flash-based skins are just not even usable. What skins do EPIA users like the best?

I use BMV2 with a few personal mods
    Car : Ford Focus Zetec S 1800cc
    Carpc :Galaxy GT-P1000 Original 7in Tab
    Mounted in "On Dash" Custom Install

Comment

I use the BMV2 as well.

And just so you know, the seconds between screens is normal for the first press. It loads the skin into cache then.

You can preload this stuff by adding lines to your ini file that way the inital load is slower, but the loading while in use is non-existant.
      Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
      1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
      30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
      15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
      Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
        I use the BMV2 as well.

And just so you know, the seconds between screens is normal for the first press. It loads the skin into cache then.

You can preload this stuff by adding lines to your ini file that way the inital load is slower, but the loading while in use is non-existant.
        Yeah, I know. I have a few preload statments but it still is sluggish on my EPIA 533Mhz board

Comment

Originally posted by tmar89 View Post
          Yeah, I know. I have a few preload statments but it still is sluggish on my EPIA 533Mhz board
          533Mhz epia!

I think it may be time for a slight upgrade! Maybe to the M10k or more...
          15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more

Comment

i have a m10000 and am running digitalfx pretty well. i really love the skin. i may try lsx void too

Comment

Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
              533Mhz epia!

I think it may be time for a slight upgrade! Maybe to the M10k or more...
              Actually, from what I hear its not worth it. I'm better off with a Pentium or AMD board.

Comment

if you have the space for it and a power supply, i'd say thats correct.

Comment

Originally posted by tmar89 View Post
                  Actually, from what I hear its not worth it. I'm better off with a Pentium or AMD board.
                  Well the advantage is power and space. There are lots of people including myself running M10k's. THey work fine.

Originally posted by megagoo View Post
                  if you have the space for it and a power supply, i'd say thats correct.
                  If you do have the space, and the money for a DSATX or Opus250, then go for it. It will be faster. But since you have an epia board to begin with, I assume you need space.

Comment

AMD K62-366 industrial biscuit PC

zdgrey skin - load time is horrendous, once loaded it runs fine

Comment

m10k here running the alpine skin by more mods. Works great and is responsive for me. I have a highly modified/optimized OS that RR is running as shell on.
                      Build Things, it keeps your brain busy.

AutoPC v1 (Retired) - AutoPC v2 (in progress) - www.shocknet.us

Comment

Lsxvoid 2.0

M10000
                        current projects

Comment

Working...
                        X