iGuidance starts my music when i dont want it to :(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iGuidance starts my music when i dont want it to :(

When im listening to music iguidance pauses my music fine when its giving me directions but if my music is paused and it is about to give me a direction it will start playing my music and i sure dont want that. Can someone help me here

Unfortunately that is the way it is set to work It would be nice if the code that mutes the audio could check the audio state before it pauses the music to speak, and then just returns it to that state. But unfortunately that is not the way it is set up.
    Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

you can set it up to not do this but would require you to get your hands dirty.

There was some talk about this issue when igautosw was being coded, i cant remember the conclusion of the matter, but i think its because there is no 100% sure way to know the actual status of the music if its paused or playing. Its been a while, but i know in my skin i have a feature thats based on the play/paused status so i know at least for that feature i have overcome that issue, but im not sure if i applied this the autopause in the navi. Ill take a look at my code and see if there is something i can copy and paste that will work for you.
      01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
      01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
      http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
      mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

Originally posted by liquid_smoke View Post
        you can set it up to not do this but would require you to get your hands dirty.

There was some talk about this issue when igautosw was being coded, i cant remember the conclusion of the matter, but i think its because there is no 100% sure way to know the actual status of the music if its paused or playing. Its been a while, but i know in my skin i have a feature thats based on the play/paused status so i know at least for that feature i have overcome that issue, but im not sure if i applied this the autopause in the navi. Ill take a look at my code and see if there is something i can copy and paste that will work for you.
        omg that would be so great because that drives me crazy. i stop the music because i get close and have to focus and then it gives me the next direction and my music comes back on and!

Comment

Anyone know? Also i have the same problem coming from video mode back to my main menu, it plays my music even if it was paused when i started the video.

Comment

almost forgot about this post. Ill post something up tonite.

beer replenishment fund
            mp3car live search

Comment

Put this in your RR.ini file or change it.
              iGautosw=false
              That will disable the feature altogether.
              2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
              89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
              Y2K Accord Dell GX150
              RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
              EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Originally posted by MatrixPC View Post
                Put this in your RR.ini file or change it.
                iGautosw=false
                That will disable the feature altogether.
                i love this feature though i just dont want to turn it off i just want to fix the problem about playing music when its paused.

Comment

was giving this a look last night, till i realised that i dont think igautosw works correctly in Vista because of the new way Vista handles audio. There arent anymore wave lines ect, each application that creates audio has its own seperate audio line, so i think ill have to boot back into XP to test this out more. I have code ready for it, just need to see if it works.

beer replenishment fund
                  mp3car live search

Comment

The only way I can think of a fix for this is to use BYIND;STATUS; but it will not work with this like most of the other indicators.

Code would look something like this if BYIND;STATUS; would work.

---------for status--------- Stop-----------------play--------pause-----
                    "IGPAUSE","BYIND;STATUS;SETVAR;NOPAUSE;1<<PAUSE<<S ETVAR;NOPAUSE;1"
                    "IGRESUME","BYVAR;NOPAUSE;PLAY<<||SETVAR;NOPAUSE;0 "

Maybe this to stop all pause stuff for now

ExecTBL.ini
                    "IGPAUSE",""
                    "IGRESUME",""
                    2001 S10 ZR2

Chucks Skin - to old

Comment

Yeah, just try to reasign "IGPAUSE" command to something else. But that also cause problem when you want it to pause.
                      So you need some logic like Chuck suggest.
                      2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
                      89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
                      Y2K Accord Dell GX150
                      RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
                      EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Ok here it is, it checks tracktime on IGRESUME and if the tracktime has not changed after pause or stop it will not start the play.

Code:
                        "STOP","NEWSTOP||SETVARBYCODE;PAUSETIMETMP;CURRENTTRACKTIME"
                        "NEWSTOP","STOP"
                        "PLAY","NEWPLAY||SETVARBYCODE;PAUSETIMETMP;CURRENTTRACKTIME"
                        "NEWPLAY","PLAY"
                        "IGRESUME","SETVARBYCODE;PAUSETIMENOW;CURRENTTRACKTIME||EVAL;NOPAUSE;strcomp("$PAUSETIMETMP$";"$PAUSETIMENOW$")||BYVAR;NOPAUSE;PLAY<<"
                        EDIT: Working on it
                        EDIT: Well it is working 100% for me
                        EDIT: Needed one for stop also -
                        EDIT: OK, should be all good now -100%
                        2001 S10 ZR2

Chucks Skin - to old

Comment

Above code should work 100% - let me know pleas
                          2001 S10 ZR2

Chucks Skin - to old

Comment

Chuck That is AWESOME! It works perfectly here! VERY COOL! I was so sick of having the music paused talking on the handsfree phone in the car, Both the phone and RR come out of the car speakers, and when iG would speak the music would start again when it finished speaking.

Thank you!
                            Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

OMG that you so much chuck!!!! do i need to remove anything from my current iG skin?

Comment

Working...
                              X