Can't hibernate with winamp playing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't hibernate with winamp playing

May not be a RR issue but if I try to hibernate while music is playing in RR it will not. This means I have to stop playback everytime I turn off the truck or once the DSATX times out it just does a hard shutdown on me.

Ive searched and see all kinds of problems with winamp and hibernate but none that keep Windows from hibernating.

Apologies if in the wrong topic but since it's a RR embedded app I'm hoping someone else has seen this... Thanks!
    GeorgiaCarry.org Member

Originally posted by jjnit View Post
    May not be a RR issue but if I try to hibernate while music is playing in RR it will not. This means I have to stop playback everytime I turn off the truck or once the DSATX times out it just does a hard shutdown on me.

Ive searched and see all kinds of problems with winamp and hibernate but none that keep Windows from hibernating.

Apologies if in the wrong topic but since it's a RR embedded app I'm hoping someone else has seen this... Thanks!
    Does the computer start correctly? What happens when it tries to hibernate? Did you click the "RR is aware of hibernate procedures etc..." in the RR Config Genral Tab (just above the begining of the Music tab)? Have you tried hibernating manually while Winamp is playing with out RR, and what happens?

Michael
    ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

Thanks for the reply... I actually just came back here to note in this topic that I am stupid.

It was not Winamp after all - it was netstumbler. I had netstumbler in the launch folder and set it to automatically start with RR - and did not even think or notice it being opened.

That should have been the first thing I checked as I've been using it for wardriving on my laptop for the last year or so and knew about it.

Sorry for the false post - we can close this one. I'll not be as hasty next time, even though I thought I had tested it enough to confirm my claim.

Thanks
      GeorgiaCarry.org Member

Comment

Originally posted by jjnit View Post
        Thanks for the reply... I actually just came back here to note in this topic that I am stupid.

It was not Winamp after all - it was netstumbler. I had netstumbler in the launch folder and set it to automatically start with RR - and did not even think or notice it being opened.

That should have been the first thing I checked as I've been using it for wardriving on my laptop for the last year or so and knew about it.

Sorry for the false post - we can close this one. I'll not be as hasty next time, even though I thought I had tested it enough to confirm my claim.

Thanks

dont forget you can set netstumbler to automatically save sessions. so you can close it (or let windows close it) without getting a pop up confirmation box asking if you want to save or not. ... if thats even causing the problem to begin with

Comment

Originally posted by megagoo View Post
          dont forget you can set netstumbler to automatically save sessions. so you can close it (or let windows close it) without getting a pop up confirmation box asking if you want to save or not. ... if thats even causing the problem to begin with
          Yeah, it's set to auto-save when closed, I'm working on a way to just add a function to pause it during hibernation. Might be possible. No worries though I'll just pause it manually for now.
          GeorgiaCarry.org Member

Comment

Working...
          X