RR work with Windows Vista 32 and 64?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR work with Windows Vista 32 and 64?

I know probably no one will answer this cuz it's a dumb??? question, but I 've searched several times with no results. Will RR work with Windows Vista 32 and 64?
    I'm planning a high end system and am wondering which OS to use. I'm trying to hedge the future usablity by using Vista, as we will all be there anyway a a few months if not years.
    Any suggestions to a computer noob will be greatly appreciated.

yes it quite well with 32 dont know about 64 1 small problem some time i have to start win amp b4 launch RR but after try with older version of winamp
    such version 2.9xxx everything work well

Comment

it works for all I know, but because the Mixer on Vista is completely different (and incompatible) from previous windows versions, you may not be able to use the Mixer in RR for much other than control winamp's settings.
      Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
      "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

it works fine, but you have to disable aero or else you get drawing errors in RR, also the mixer does introduce issues with volume in RR. Basically volume control doesn't work, you move the sliders but nothing happens.
        01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
        01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
        http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
        mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

Maybe I should stick with XP PRO then, unless these issues are going to be addressed soon?!?!?!?! And Guino.....what a great front end you developed! I will be donating to the cause soon when I get my next bonus check! Great work!

Comment

Originally posted by liquid_smoke View Post
            it works fine, but you have to disable aero or else you get drawing errors in RR, also the mixer does introduce issues with volume in RR. Basically volume control doesn't work, you move the sliders but nothing happens.

believe me set the volume in rr config to master instead of all line then volume control of rr will work

dont know about your system & set up but my work fine even with aero on

Comment

Originally posted by erricson_nguyen View Post
              believe me set the volume in rr config to master instead of all line then volume control of rr will work

dont know about your system & set up but my work fine even with aero on

Are you running Vista?

Comment

Here is an idea,
                Stick with what works.. Cause it works
                New Age Garmin - Skin for RR
                New Age Slider - RR SKin In Progress
                "It's called CODE because I don't want you to know"

Comment

Originally posted by Z1truth View Post
                  Are you running Vista?
                  yes home premium make sure right click rr exe then property and choose run as xp service pack 2

Comment

Originally posted by erricson_nguyen View Post
                    yes home premium make sure right click rr exe then property and choose run as xp service pack 2
                    this is interesting... runing RR in compatability mode..i wonder how compatible this is.. the mixer settings i mean..

Comment

I was having some strange problems with the mixer on RR (latest version) under Vista Home Premium until I set the compatibility mode on RoadRunner.exe to "XP Service Pack 2" and now all is fine using the All Lines selection in RR config which was what I used on my old machine.

Simple fix if you have to move to a Vista machine which I did. (Old development machine died). New one came preloaded so I figured I might as well move on. So far no issues with either Vista or RR.

Since I am just starting with my new machine, I have to try all of my RR additions that are .exe files. I any don't, I at least have an option to try compatibility mode.

Oh yes, and I'm running winamp 5.5.1 natively (no compat mode).

"erricson_nguyen", thanks for the tip.

Regards,
                      Jim

Comment

I only see one reason that Vista may be better in a car environment. There are many reasons against it, most CarPC's simply aren't up to specs for the most part, and that right there is a really big reason

What is fantastic is the new hybrid standby/hibernate. If you put the computer in stand by, it also saves the info to the hard drive. If you do not lose power, the computer will start instantly. If you do lose power, it will just come out of hibernation.

I have never tested the system draw, power wise, of a computer in standby, but would imagine it is minimal enough to last at least a day. Considering a tiny laptop battery can run a computer normally for around 2 hours of use. A shutdown controller could then be set to say if x hours in standby, power it off, to prevent a dead battery in the car.
                        Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

I am planning on running Vista (32bit of course) and RR, and iGuidance on my carputer... am I crazy?

Is there anyone out there actually running RR, iGuidance3 and Vista on a daily basis? Is it 100 % functional?
                          e46|700tsv 2005 model|sb51g xpc2.4ghz opus 150|I-bus|XM Direct&cables | slim slot USB DVD-cdrw|Hawking 54g|iGuidance 2.1-HoluxGPS
                          sold it all... :-(

Coming Soon - 2007 BMW 335i UMPC install

Comment

appart from the above mentioned mixer problems its fine, and just as repsonsive as XP Pro was on my SP13000

Some of the reason they spec up the hardware requirements is to force people to upgrade to newer PC's... Don't install Aero and its fine
                            UAC has to be off too
                            My Nissan 200SX @ Silverstone
                            NOW SADLY WRITTEN OFF!

My Car's spec list + pics

Stealth CarPC fab'ing...

Comment

Working...
                            X