MUHAHAHAHA Choppy Video Killing Road Trips

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MUHAHAHAHA Choppy Video Killing Road Trips

Guess Who Is Back! After years of not posting and not even goin to the site my roommate wanted a computer in his truck so here I am. Back to bein a post whore.

Check this out... I put in a 3gb intel with 2gb DDR2 then I slap together a 320gb drive threw in all in a box and handed it to my roommate. Well everything was runnin cool boot times were slow then I changed over to a tiny evil version of windows xp now the S.O.B FLYS like a bat out of hell with satan right behind it. So I updated everything driversm, RR, winamp (Ver 2.95 of course), and file system (was gettin cluster fcked), Everything runs great but the video is choppy like Im trying to play a doom on a 386, I searched and I found a few solutions but all have fallen short or a crisp clean picture. I've tried to install K-lite codec pack, K-lite mega pack, CCC pack, every codec pack from free-codec website but nothing works... I've tried increase the priority nothin happend. Tried the codec settings.. nothing...

If I dont find a solution soon I guess I'll just have to shot with the ol 12 gauge.

P.S. Guino, You are the man... If youre ever in the dirty south you got a beer waitin on you..
    Originally posted by menudude
    thank you all for your help minus the useless post by sjlucky...

This being a fast machine and all, it shouldn't ever have less than a crisp video image unless your hard drive is going bad (like one I have sitting right here) -- this would cause it to take a lot longer to read the info from disk and that would make the video jerky.. I'm suggesting this as the probable specially after you said "it was getting cluster fcked" cause that's a very unusual problem and normally is a sign that the hard drive is about to take a dive anytime soon. Check the hard drive light when playing videos, if it it stays on for a good portion of the time (instead of just the usual very short blinks), then it's likely you're going to loose it soon.
    Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Comment

Damn your fast!

Reason for the cluster fck is was jsut throwin folders in that one dir and not keepin it clean and organized, that was the only reason why I redid it. I havn't noticed anything running slower other than video but i'll try putting in a differant drive and see if that changes anything. Thnx holmes
      Originally posted by menudude
      thank you all for your help minus the useless post by sjlucky...

Comment

Working...
      X