No announcement yet.

Installshield used; Access deined?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installshield used; Access deined?

The application installs properly; however, my AV application showed a possible trojan in the executable (I saw the thread about it and am ignoring it). I got around this by doing a clean wipe of the new files - install and all - and disabled AVG, then reinstalled.

I have never used RR before, and the config utility works, unfortunately I am still getting an access denied when trying to run roadrunner.exe. I have tried many things already; giving myself (administrator priviledges) full control of all files in the directory, installed VB6 runtime files, installed recommended version of winamp, and tried running the application directly from commandline.

I am still at a loss here as to how to get it running. Could anyone point me in the right direction to get this fixed? What am I doing wrong here? I am trying to test this out on my IBM laptop first before installing it on my work-in-progress carPC. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Ride Runner RR's Myspace

"Being happy is not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have."
    "The best things in life are always free - but that doesn't mean money can't buy you good things."

Yes, that's the thread... however I am still getting this "access denied" problem when trying to run roadrunner.exe even with AVG completely disabled (all AVG* processes killed).

Uninstall AVG would be the quickest way.