Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADS InstantFM integrated to RR

Hi!

I've changed the dll (RRMobile) and now it can use the ADS Instant Fm tuner.

It works perfectly like (Silabs)

If you couldn't get an Silabs FM tuner, you could use this (it's working as same as Silabs)

Radiomode=7 !!!
    change the original USBradio.dll with it.

Bye
    Attached Files
    Englishlessness :(

You mega star,
    I've ordered my SiLabs but i'm still waiting for delivery,anyway i was in PCWorld the other day and was thinking about grabbing the ADS while i was there but decided against it as the intergration in RR wasn't the same as the SiLabs.

This is great news for a lot of people as getting the SiLabs is proving very difficult.

Mad Props to you GuMiSZu.
    P4 2.8 HT, 512Mb Ram, 60Gb 2.5 HD, M4-ATX, SB Audigy2, BU353, Lilliput TS,Soundgraph Imon VFD,SONY Optiarc dvd Burner,RideRunner, iGo8, Custom Freedom 2.1

Comment

Can someone post a pic of their modified ADS hardware out to the automotive motorola antenna.. its a little different form the Silabs... PLEASE... PLEASE!!!!!
      Setup:
      Dynaudio 240GT
      PPI PC4100, PPI PC2350
      Zapco DSP6
      ADS DAC
      Testing new board (Albatron KI690-AM2)

"I dont know if complaints were filed, or mistakes were made, but feelings were hurt." -Krystal Washington

Comment

Can you tell me more info on how to modify this? I do have the ADS and Im about to buy the silabs but if I can make this work with RR that would be awesome.

Comment

nice!!! i just mod another tuner for my brother, is easy as hell, i'm very happy with this baby's.thanks again GuMiSZu.i'm gonna test this out tomorrow.this is a picture with the motorola plug, took me like 2 min to do it. looks blurry i know is my crappy v3 phone.
          Attached Files
          BASSRR ==> [Audio Player/MusicDB/Cd Player/Ripper/Rate/Internet Radio/Audio Capture/Youtube Video]
          RRTube ==> [View/Download Youtube Videos]
          WifiMan ==> [Wifi Manager]
          RRec ==> [Audio Capture]

If You Want To Be Given Everything, Give Everything Up ...
          Bird York -- In The Deep --

Comment

i am about to order a silabs fm radio from mouser. can someone let me know about how long it will [currently] take for me to receive it? i move from chicago to houston in 5-6 weeks and i dont want it to get lost in the mail. thanks

Comment

You can use the ADS instant FM tuner it works with RR and same as the silabs...
              Englishlessness :(

Comment

Originally posted by GuMiSZu View Post
                You can use the ADS instant FM tuner it works with RR and same as the silabs...
                I've been trying to make this one work for about a week now but I cant figure out how to do it, where do I save this file? and the "Radiomode=7" is that in the RR config? thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by zyr55 View Post
                  I've been trying to make this one work for about a week now but I cant figure out how to do it, where do I save this file? and the "Radiomode=7" is that in the RR config? thanks!
                  Overrite the USBRadio.dll (i would rename it) that's in the RoadRunner folder with the one posted.

Open rr.ini (located in the RoadRunner folder) in notepad and add the line radiomode=7 (or change the number if the line is already there); exit and save.

See if that work..
                  OLD SYSTEM (DEAD)
                  Intel D945GCLF2 Dual Core ATOM
                  Lilliput 7" 629GL 2008 LED Backlight
                  BU-353 USB GPS Receiver / iGuidance / IGO8
                  M2-ATX Power Supply
                  RideRunner Front End / Various Skins
                  Windows XP SP3

Comment

Originally posted by EL CAMINO View Post
                    nice!!! i just mod another tuner for my brother, is easy as hell, i'm very happy with this baby's.thanks again GuMiSZu.i'm gonna test this out tomorrow.this is a picture with the motorola plug, took me like 2 min to do it. looks blurry i know is my crappy v3 phone.
                    Is that motorolla plug the same as would plug into a typical car radio? Looks like an easy mod. I just might get myself one of these...
                    2001 PT Cuiser
                    VoomPC with 1.5Ghz C7
                    M2 power supply
                    in dash slim tray dvd drive
                    DWW-750FM c/w 7" USB touchscreen,AM/FM, 4x45W amp
                    See my install here

Comment

yes is a motorola plug, and like i said, very good unit and the price is right, i got this from compusa at 32 dlls.
                      BASSRR ==> [Audio Player/MusicDB/Cd Player/Ripper/Rate/Internet Radio/Audio Capture/Youtube Video]
                      RRec ==> [Audio Capture]

Comment

Originally posted by treetop777 View Post
                        Overrite the USBRadio.dll (i would rename it) that's in the RoadRunner folder with the one posted.

Open rr.ini (located in the RoadRunner folder) in notepad and add the line radiomode=7 (or change the number if the line is already there); exit and save.

See if that work..
                        Thanks for the help! but how do you set up the RR Config?

Comment

you can't use RRConfig for this setting. you have to do it manually. in the folder where Road Runner is, there's a rr.ini file, open it and look for a line like this.

radiomode= has to be =7

if you can't find it write the path where you have RoadRunner and i'll make you an autoit script to change this setting for you, another way is, just get a skin capable of doing this you, like freedom ultimate.
                          RRec ==> [Audio Capture]

Comment

ok here's what I did, I deleted the old radio.dll and change it with the new one and set the radio mode to 7 from rr.ini, but I cant still get it to work. do I need to set the path for the ADS inst. fm? ANd Im using BMW_E36 skin.

Comment

there's 2 dll. you need to replace "USBradio.dll", NOT radio.dll.
                              RRec ==> [Audio Capture]

Comment

Working...
                              X